Crusing on HAL with a toddler question

I also posted this on the family forum, but because it's cruiseline specific and this board gets more traffic, I thought I'd post it here too:

We will be traveling with our 13 month old on the Zaandam in Alaska this summer, and I had some questions for someone who's been there.

1) does anyone know what kind of cribs they have? Are they actual pack n plays or something else? (My sister-in-law said their last Carnival cruise had metal cribs.)

2) milk - do they have whole milk on board?

3) snacks - DD is not a picky eater, but I'd like to have something with us in port for her to munch on if need be. Do they have cereal like Cheerios on the buffet? (Not a first time cruiser, but I have always skipped the cereal at breakfast, so I have no recollection of what's there.). Is it kosher to grab some to take with us? (Or some bread or a banana or whatever?) Or should I bring my own snacks? I know you are not allowed to take fresh fruit off the boat, but do all snacks have to be factory sealed (or can I use ziploc bags)?

4) any other tips and tricks? I've read a lot of the other traveling with toddlers threads.

Thanks!

Our youngest granddaughter was that age on our 45th anniversary family cruise to Alaska on the Zuiderdam. This was five years ago.

1. She slept in a ship's equivalent of a pack and play.

2. As I recall they had whole milk in small containers.

3. Our daughter frequently took a box or two of Cheerios both for excursions and snacks around the ship. I don't think zip lock bags of food would be considered factory sealed unfortunately.

4. As each family flew to Vancouver they bought her diapers at a drugstore near our hotel, as well as relatively airtight bags for disposal. And they made excellent use of the laundry package for their three young children.

Ruth

Edited by Been There, Planning That

Also, they often have prepackaged crackers which may be another option for a snack. You can bring zip bags or little containers for use after you open the prepackaged Cheerios to cut down on the possible mess. Just ask a dining steward for whole milk if you do not see it out when you need it.