Which of these three hotels to choose in Vancouver?

Work puts me up at the Delta Suites several times a month. This is an excellent hotel. Marriott is great as well. I have also stayed at the Metropolitan a few times over the years and it is very nice as well. I would never stay at the St Regis no matter who paid for it! Never!!

Okay, now I am nervous. Doing research on the St. Regis.... why would you never ever stay there? I may have to change my hotel.....

We stayed at St. Regis end of June 2016 for an Alaskan cruise and loved it. Price was fantastic. Location was good enough for us. 5 minutes from Pier. Free wifi, free long distance, and a darn good free breakfast. The rooms were super cute and comfy with very soothing colors. Very clean too. The bathroom - I wish I had one like it at home. It was HUGE. Staff was extremely accommodating. The only thing to be aware of is they consider a "double queen" as one big queen instead of two queens.

There was plenty for us to do via walking. We were only there for a short time.

I would definitely stay there again.

Roxi, just don't be a dumb bunny like we were. The taxi ride to the hotel is long. We paid cash and totally forgot about the exchange rate so we definitely overpaid. We fell, hook, line and sinker that his credit card machine wasn't working well. Same thing for food. Use a credit card and it will automatically convert. We shared a club sandwich and fries at the hotel bar and thought it was awful high. Conversion rate was on our credit cards statement - $10.00 American. Darn cheap!

I wish we had more time to spend in Vancouver. Would definitely check out the Hop on Hop off rail/bus system.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you - I think we will take the Canada Line to the hotel, well, close to it and walk the 4 blocks to the hotel. I hope to pack light!

I have been to Vancouver before, and we will be arriving early on Saturday - hope to jog Stanley Park, eat at Granville Island, and then hang out in GasTown...... I can't wait to get back there! It is a beautiful city!

Thank you for the reminder on the conversion rate - I will keep that in mind as we are out and about. :)

Okay, now I am nervous. Doing research on the St. Regis.... why would you never ever stay there? I may have to change my hotel.....

Ahg. I think I overreacted. TripAdvisor looks good.... I am going to stay at the St. Regis and will report back!

Glad you figured it out yourself - if you trawl yyjguys prior posts you'll find another hotel thread from March where more clarity on why he doens't like the hotel was provided.

In short, he never claimed to have stayed in the hotel but finds the immediate area unpleasant. If you are similarly uncomfortable seeing street people hanging around near your hotel, you may want to reconsider - but since you've visited us before I'm sure you're familiar with seeing beggars and folks the worse for drink or drugs as it's impossible to avoid such things in most of the touristy bits of downtown.