Said no to a paid upgrade for B617

Beachmad

Re the B617 trip to the Fjords on the Britannia.

Was offered an upgrade to a suite on B deck for £150 pp, thought about it but said no thanks, we have a good sup. balc midship and although having breakfast in the epicurean was tempting, I just thought an extra £300 was too much for me.

I hope that someone else benefitted from it, if not maybe my daughter and her husband that are also going may get a free upgrade as this will be the first time she has booked a cruise herself. :)

I went onto their webpage and it says all suites are fully booked.:confused:

Anyway good luck for those going on this trip, you never know.

Re the B617 trip to the Fjords on the Britannia.

Was offered an upgrade to a suite on B deck for £150 pp, thought about it but said no thanks, we have a good sup. balc midship and although having breakfast in the epicurean was tempting, I just thought an extra £300 was too much for me.

I hope that someone else benefitted from it, if not maybe my daughter and her husband that are also going may get a free upgrade as this will be the first time she has booked a cruise herself. :)

I went onto their webpage and it says all suites are fully booked.:confused:

Anyway good luck for those going on this trip, you never know.

If it was showing fully booked then someone has had to cancel they now offer these cabins for upgrade at her than saver fare.

BTW I would have taken their hands off in your position.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have s lovely cruise, you've made the choice that you judged to be right for you and your situation, so it was the right choice! Besides its gone now do no point thinking about it [emoji6]

Maybe I was a bit hasty, we had just got in from a long journey from Scotland.

Im sure we had missed it anyway as I got the email on Wednesday and wasnt able to reply til Saturday.

I agree it was a good price and no doubt someone has got a bargain.

Still, I like the cabin we have and will feel like I now have £300 to spend (weird logic) yippee!

:mad: Have got a 3:30 boarding time bah!

Is this the fjords cruise sailing on May 29th? I'm on that one,,,I have a problem with my cabin assignment and only found out late last night. We paid for an unobstructed view balcony cabin,,and they've given us G deck obstructed view. I know how to book a cruise and I know what I booked,,I checked those deck plans inside out. We don't care what deck we are on or where our cabin is really,,I just want what I booked and paid for. I'm going to have to ring them when I get home from work but I'm not expecting anything! Any suggestions anybody? Funnily enough, I had this happen on the last Britannia booking I did and had to ring up and get someone to correct it. In that instance their system only wanted me to have obstructed view cabins but was happily taking my money for a higher grade. I know it's not me!

Oh god,,I've turned into a moaning old woman!

No comment, however there is a web page that shows you your view for many cabins on Britannia and another site will assist if your specific cabin is not listed. If it is not listed let me know and I will do the other link.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/obstructed-views/Obstructed_BT

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Thanks John ,,I've had a look and our cabin is on the list,,no photo but it's there. Some of them have photos and some of them are quite drastically obstructed aren't they.

Britannia has two sisters Royal Princess and Regal Princess, the obstructed view balconies on all three are the same. P&O call this deck G deck on Britannia whereas Princess call it E deck on Royal and Regal Princesses. It is always deck 8. So you can cross reference easily by cabin number with E and G being interchangeable between the two cruise lines. Scroll down this page:

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Found it!! Many thanks John. I think it will be fine, it's not nearly as bad as I feared,,only a " white platform and 2 White posts" well below eye level though. That's put my mind at rest but I'm still annoyed at the glitch in the booking system. I know 100% what I booked and I'm not getting it.,,but I am getting a fantastic trip to Norway with my lovely husband on a fabulous ship so I've built a bridge and I'm over it!