Voom On Oasis

Sue & I cruised the Oasis 4/30-5/7 2016 to the Eastern Caribbean, Visiting Nassau, St Thomas and St Martin with 3 Sea Days. We waiting until after boarding to order our Voom Pakages to use our D+ benefits. The Voom Single Device Share, Surf & Stream was $20/Day, the Share & Surf was $10/Day. I got the Fast Stream Pacakge & Sue got the Slow Surf Pacakge. (Mine was $80 after discount and Sue's was $10 after Discount.

I was impressed the the Voom with Stream, I was able to wathch Netflix, Amazon Prime and other Videos. I used Voom at sea and in port, all times of the day and speed was fast all the time...

I did a speed test with Ookla's Speed Test (Picture Included) 191ma Ping, 19.50Mbps Upstream and 9.81 Mbps downstream...

Dennis & Sue

VoomOnOasis.jpg

Did one quick check and it was about 1.5-2Mbps download... Ok for web surfing and email.

D

That's good. I believe some of the other O3b ships were showing 0.5 Mbps download.

Sue & I cruised the Oasis 4/30-5/7 2016 to the Eastern Caribbean, Visiting Nassau, St Thomas and St Martin with 3 Sea Days. We waiting until after boarding to order our Voom Pakages to use our D+ benefits. The Voom Single Device Share, Surf & Stream was $20/Day, the Share & Surf was $10/Day. I got the Fast Stream Pacakge & Sue got the Slow Surf Pacakge. (Mine was $80 after discount and Sue's was $10 after Discount.

I'm debating if we should wait to book onboard too, or take advantage of the 30% off they are offering now and seeing if they will apply our D+ discount to that when we board.

Any experience with this?

Can you tell me what the D+ discount was?

I'm debating if we should wait to book onboard too, or take advantage of the 30% off they are offering now and seeing if they will apply our D+ discount to that when we board.

It depends on how long the cruise is, because the D+ discount is a fixed dollar amount, so for a short cruise it's better to take the D+ discount, but for a longer cruise it's better to take the 30%. To my knowledge, the D+ discount is the value of 2 days of the suef only package.

It depends on how long the cruise is, because the D+ discount is a fixed dollar amount, so for a short cruise it's better to take the D+ discount, but for a longer cruise it's better to take the 30%. To my knowledge, the D+ discount is the value of 2 days of the suef only package.

It's a 7 day, so I suppose I should just book it now. Do you know if the 30% discount is combinable with the D+ discount?

Have you heard if they offer the 30% off on the ship as well? We have a few in the group who might not want to book ahead if they can wait and get the same price on the ship.

Thanks, as always, Bob. :)

It's a 7 day, so I suppose I should just book it now. Do you know if the 30% discount is combinable with the D+ discount?

Have you heard if they offer the 30% off on the ship as well? We have a few in the group who might not want to book ahead if they can wait and get the same price on the ship.

Thanks, as always, Bob. :)

No, the 30% off is not combinable with C&A discounts, nor are they giving 30% off on the ship. I'd purchase it now while you still have the 30% off available.

No, the 30% off is not combinable with C&A discounts, nor are they giving 30% off on the ship. I'd purchase it now while you still have the 30% off available.

Thank you so much for the info!

D+ Discount was $60 each (can not use both on one package)

Do not know if you can use the discount on pre-booked pacakges.

D+ Discount was $60 each (can not use both on one package)

Do not know if you can use the discount on pre-booked pacakges.

Thanks, I've decided to pre-book. I am purchasing for 6 devices (will have to do 4 + 2), but now I'm questioning if Streaming is needed for listening to music on iTunes and or Pandora. Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but I'm the only one in the group who doesn't listen to music on my device, so I'm clueless about the options.

Will purchasing the lower speed package allow for listening to any music?

Thanks, I've decided to pre-book. I am purchasing for 6 devices (will have to do 4 + 2), but now I'm questioning if Streaming is needed for listening to music on iTunes and or Pandora. Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but I'm the only one in the group who doesn't listen to music on my device, so I'm clueless about the options.

Will purchasing the lower speed package allow for listening to any music?

It should, when the cruise line says streaming, I believe they are referring to video streaming.

It should, when the cruise line says streaming, I believe they are referring to video streaming.

Thanks, again.

I just tried calling C&A for clarification, who then referred me to Cruise Planning, who... as expected... was a bit clueless. WHEN WILL I LEARN? :rolleyes::D

I'm just getting the Surf packages. The C&A person told me there was an option to purchase the package and just add however many devices I need at the same per device price. She even gave me a price for 6 devices. The Cruise Planning person said that was not the case and I needed to purchase 4+2, or 3+3.

Trying to price it both ways in case RC's "unique" math works in favor of one over the other, but now my acct is locked. :mad:

Thanks, again.

I just tried calling C&A for clarification, who then referred me to Cruise Planning, who... as expected... was a bit clueless. WHEN WILL I LEARN? :rolleyes::D

I'm just getting the Surf packages. The C&A person told me there was an option to purchase the package and just add however many devices I need at the same per device price. She even gave me a price for 6 devices. The Cruise Planning person said that was not the case and I needed to purchase 4+2, or 3+3.

Trying to price it both ways in case RC's "unique" math works in favor of one over the other, but now my acct is locked. :mad:

Give it about 30 minutes and the lock will time out.