Carnival Cheers package

bearkatsmom

We noticed now it includes more than drinks. We are thinking it maybe worth it. Is that 15 drinks per person? We feel it will help with some cost.

You may also want to ask this on the Carnival forum, where more folks experienced with the cruise line will see it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

We noticed now it includes more than drinks. We are thinking it maybe worth it. Is that 15 drinks per person? We feel it will help with some cost.

There are several threads on this on the Carnival board. You should check them out ... there is a lot of good information there.

Yes, it is 15 alcoholic drinks per person, the non-alcoholic drinks that are included have no limit. All persons in the cabin 21 and over must buy the package.

Edited by Schoifmom

There are quite a few really great threads giving you info on how to make the most of your 15 drinks each day! Go to your search bar and see what you come up with. My favorite tip was to request a large bottle of water at the end of dinner.

Okay charged it. But it is pending saying the cost can change. Something about tax and port charge. No clue what the tax is and the port surcharge is. I am sailing out of Galveston.

Just an fyi if you didn't know, when cruising out of Galveston you are unable to use the Cheers Package the first day due to their Liquor Laws. Which means if you are on a 7day cruise then you have purchased a 6day cheers package. I believe all drinks on day of departure you need to pay out of pocket/sail&sign. Also there is a state tax on all liquor so you will be charged tax, when purchasing the day of departure, wait until approx. 30min after the ship leaves port if you want to save on the taxes...but really how much can that be for a drink or 2 each

I haven't cruised before but have done alot of research as we are cruising out of Galveston Jan 2017 and thats what I have read on several threads.

It went through. I paid for it. One I knew about Galveston and liquor laws. Grew up near there. It now covers sodas and coffee. But I am adding cash and a credit card for the first day. I do not drink that much. .50 for a 5 dollar drink.

It went through. I paid for it. One I knew about Galveston and liquor laws. Grew up near there. It now covers sodas and coffee. But I am adding cash and a credit card for the first day. I do not drink that much. .50 for a 5 dollar drink.

I'm still sad that we can't use it on day one in Galveston. I don't expect that I'd drink enough to make it "worth it" in one afternoon, but it would be a nice option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We got it more for all else it covers. The first day I do not plan on drinking much. I am a new cruiser. However I love coffee and soda. A special coffee is a treat to have covered. We are retired. Also having bottle water covered outside our room is nice. I was not going to get it until I saw it was not just for drinks. We just attempting to cover a few things.