TrentS need your help!

TrevMan22

Hey Trent, you seem to be the expert on fort lauderdale, so i had a couple questions for you. i have a cancellable reservation for Jan. 14th at the Sheraton Yankee Trader. What do you know about this hotel? How close is it to all of the downtown stuff? Is it worth it at 140 a night or should i go with amerisuites for 100. Thanks.

It's across the street from the beach, about 10 minutes from Port Everglades and everything on SE 17th Street. There's a Shula's Steakhouse there, that's quite good, but the hotel is past it's prime... Both of the Sheratons on the beach are old, tired, and in need of the major redo that they promise is coming "soon".

There are 2 Ramadas. The one at 95 and 84 is the one I am thinking about. Since we have relatives staying (on their boat) in the Marine Yacht Club nearby we thought this would be ok. What about the area of town? The Marina is very nice; is this walkable to the Ramada? The reviews on Trip Advisor say 3 star and renovated, however, the individual reviews look mixed, mostly on the negative side. Would you stay there?

I haven't been in that particular marina - There are several marinas and boatyards in that area, but that old motel is a nasty old place, and that neighborhood has a lot of problems. It's also an industrial area, with a lot of truck traffic. If you're talking about the marina closest to that motel the "new development" around it is a rental apartment complex that's a few years old and has a lot of problems. Sorry, but IMO it's not a nice area, and that motel is not a nice place.

Archived