Liberty--balcony on the Lido deck

Dubdude007

We have had Lido Deck balconies on several cruises. In my opinion, those have been the best cabins!

Only ONE time, in those cruises did we hear noise. That was the night of one of the deck parties, but that is IT.

In particular, we were always surprised on the LACK of noise there.

Great Choice!

We booked a balcony on the Lido deck, its closer to the gardens than the food halls. How noisy can we expect it to be at night?

We've sailed Liberty twice and I honestly don't know what you mean by "gardens." Maybe it's a regional thing, but the dining area on the Lido is called the buffet.

In what cabin are you booked? On our second Liberty cruise we were in cabin 9276. Worst cabin we've sailed in 19 Carnival cruises! Directly above our balcony was a vent, painted red, that sounded like a jet engine 24/7. We could not enjoy the balcony at all.

No, I didn't complain nor did I demand to be moved. I failed to research the cabin so the onus was on me. I am much more careful now and scrutinize every single cabin we are considering.

ry%3D400

Our friends, who were one cabin back in 9278, also in the red area but not under the vent, didn't hear a thing.

I imagine the balconies under the blue painted vents were equally noisy.

Balcony cabins on Lido are still the best, in my opinion. We've sailed Lido balconies on 11 out of 19. Six of our ship didn't have any cabins on Lido but if they did, we definitely would have booked those too. We are close to the buffet so we can easily get something to enjoy on our balcony, they are close to the pool so it's a quick walk to enjoy the sunshine.

Enjoy your Lido balcony!

Edited by stargate fan

We've sailed Liberty twice and I honestly don't know what you mean by "gardens." Maybe it's a regional thing, but the dining area on the Lido is called the buffet.

In what cabin are you booked? On our second Liberty cruise we were in cabin 9276. Worst cabin we've sailed in 19 Carnival cruises! Directly above our balcony was a vent, painted red, that sounded like a jet engine 24/7. We could not enjoy the balcony at all.

No, I didn't complain nor did I demand to be moved. I failed to research the cabin so the onus was on me. I am much more careful now and scrutinize every single cabin we are considering.

ry%3D400

Our friends, who were one cabin back in 9278, also in the red area but not under the vent, didn't hear a thing.

I imagine the balconies under the blue painted vents were equally noisy.

Balcony cabins on Lido are still the best, in my opinion. We've sailed Lido balconies on 11 out of 19. Six of our ship didn't have any cabins on Lido but if they did, we definitely would have booked those too. We are close to the buffet so we can easily get something to enjoy on our balcony, they are close to the pool so it's a quick walk to enjoy the sunshine.

Enjoy your Lido balcony!

That balcony stateroom right next to the vent was our room. It was loud! And the coldest room we have ever had. I kept the bathrobe on over my clothes every time we were in the room and I was still cold. I actually liked the noise of the vent, like white noise. Nice to sleep to.

Edited by N2Mischief