Golf in Bermuda

Sea Legs

Was looking at a post of the shore excursions on Breakaway and did not see any golf excursions. Has anyone played any of their beautiful (or so I've heard) courses? Did you have to book on your own?

There should be a golf pro onboard on the Bermuda sailings...I know there was one in 2014. My dad used him a lot while we were onboard and the pro made arrangements for courses. That cruise we wound up getting diverted to Florida and Bahamas bc a hurricane was hitting Bermuda and the pro made arrangements for the golfers onboard to play in Florida and Bahamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the feedback. Carnival no longer has a golf pro on their ships either. Does anyone know if clubs are available to rent at the course? I would be so disappointed if the ship got diverted from Bermuda as we have never been there and are really looking forward to it. Of course, we cannot control mother nature so we will just keep our fingers crossed that we have good weather. We are not sailing until October.

Thanks for the feedback. Carnival no longer has a golf pro on their ships either. Does anyone know if clubs are available to rent at the course? I would be so disappointed if the ship got diverted from Bermuda as we have never been there and are really looking forward to it. Of course, we cannot control mother nature so we will just keep our fingers crossed that we have good weather. We are not sailing until October.

When I played last September, club rental was $50. They were Taylor Made and very good - so good in fact I came home and bought some.

enjoy - Port Royal is a nice course

We played Port Royal, booked thru Golf Now. We rented new Taylor Made clubs - just took our shoes & accessories! We only paid $25 for rental (we were on the Dawn out of Boston - so we played on Monday - maybe that's why we got a deal)

We took a cab there (don't remember it costing $25 but.........) and then took the bus back to the Dock Yard. They were very nice and took us to the bus stop via golf cart :)

btw: Princess gave up the golf pros too. It used to be you got great deals, got to try new equiptment and buy (Nike at the time) at a greatly reduced rate - AND have them sent directly to your home - what a deal!!! Long gone are those days :(