Sun.....here we come...

Ajkcruiser

We will be on the Sun's June 13th northbound sailing and would love to have a sneak peek at the new MDR menus!

Also, anxious for news about the odor in and around the aft stairwell and what's being done to eliminate the problem.

Lastly, curious to know if you've spotted much wildlife from the ship.

Hope you're having a great time! We can't wait to follow you!

• 2 weeks later...

Too much fun to be able to write a review.... I will be home soon and will write as soon as possible.

But for now...the crew makes the ship....

The smell not as bad as I expected ... If too sensitive depending on your cabin location .... Bring a fabreeze plug-in.

Food really good....keep in mind I just cruised with my all time favourite in the Med (MSC) and I was happy with NCL...8 lbs happy!

Kids pool needs painting...but water very warm....

Kids counselours AMAZING....

Gupies spot perfect for little ones.

Sports bar.... Great wings and made to order.... So a little slow at 11:30pm

The head chef is from India..... Lots of Indian flavours in the Buffett...

Main dining service slow....

Ship is clean ...shows entretaining.... Cruise Director super attentive and reachable....but will kill him over the jokes of the day.

Teoenyanki super fun, Le Bistro right on the money, Cagneys meat to perfection ....La cuccina....excellent service.

We saw bears (mom and cubs,) Moose with big antlers even this early and lots of eagles in our excursions

Whales in the water by the time the park ranger disembarked ....they are usually near the glacier

Weather was a blessing ....

If you have an specific question..... Ask away

Safe and fun travels

Aj

Kids pool needs painting...but water very warm....

We were on the Sun from Buenos Aires to San Francisco. I only started to use the spa by the kids pool in Mexico BUT!!

I agree the area needed a paint and tidy up even then.

The BUT is that the spa was not "very warm" it was very, very hot. The first time I only got in to my knees and got out. I 'complained" to Guest Services and it was closed for 2 days. When it reopened I managed 3 minutes before I had to get out. They worked on it again. The third time and then thereafter it was then only "very warm". Even worse it was closed at 7pm!!

For us was perfect .... Or I should say for my child,.... Perhaps the chilly Alaskan air helped .....As she had the hot tub to herself while I watched from the hallway ....

Which reminds me...... AMAZING band at the Observation lounge.... Not to be missed and the Italian Tuxedos.... PS: the drum player is a super nice Mexican guy.... The rest are Italians from Rome....nice quartet....they take requests..... We had a really good time!!

I wish the Sun had a different itinerary..... The Girls at the kids club stole my heart.... Their caring genuine ways with my Autistic child need to be celebrated.....

Aj