Calling to upgrade?

WeatherGeek

My parents booked a 4A on the 12/4 Victory and I now see that an oceanview guarantee is selling for the same price that they paid. If I call Carnival, will they be able to upgrade my parents to the OVG at no additional cost or is there a penalty involved?

Thanks!

My parents booked a 4A on the 12/4 Victory and I now see that an oceanview guarantee is selling for the same price that they paid. If I call Carnival, will they be able to upgrade my parents to the OVG at no additional cost or is there a penalty involved?

Thanks!

It never hurts to call them and ask. Call whoever you booked through..

It was through Carnival's website. Was just wondering what to expect when they call because they allow themselves to be pushed around too easily on the phone :D

As long as that is the going price, and not a "special" or a "sale", they should be able to get it. Are the cabins they booked selling for less? If nothing else, they should be able to get a credit... but call and ask for the upgrade, can't hurt.

Their 4A is still selling for the same price they paid. When they booked, the only guarantee category available was for balcony and I couldn't talk them into it (crazy, I know). All other GTY categories are now available and the OVG is selling at the same price as their 4A.

Thanks, I'm going to have my mom give them a call.

Another option would be to talk to your mom/dad and see if they are interested in the possible upgrade. Then you could volunteer to make the call for them. If you had their booking number you could always pretend you were your mom to the person on the other end of the phone. They would have no way of knowing and wouldn't even question it since you had the booking number and other information.

I don't know how old your parents are but we're at the point where we're discovering that a lot of things we just do and move forward with are becoming too confusing and a tad bit overwhelming for our parents.....just part of the cycle of life. If you can do something to make their life easier/better I say go for it and help them out.

OK, got it squared away. Ended up on a 3-way call with me, my mom and the rep because my mom doesn't understand the difference between the cabins when the rep refers to them as their category number.

Regardless, it is squared away now. There was no penalty to upgrade, which is what I was concerned about in the first place because my parents are tightwads :p

Archived