Penthouse or Aft Suite with the wrap around balcony - PoA

jlat

Sailing next year on the PoA. Have booked the Penthouse suite with large balcony (SH?) on Deck 13. There is a 2 bedroom corner aft suite open on deck 7, starboard side. Preferences? I have two teenagers with us that won't be sharing bed space so I went with the King bed for us and a sofa and murphy for the kids. My preference would be to take the Penthouse, but I know that folks rave about aft suites so I am polling to find out which is really "better".

Thanks

Edited by jlat

We were in 13002 on the POA last year - we had myself, my husband, and two 21 year old girls. The king bed has a hospital curtain that wrapped around it, and then a Murphy bed NEXT to that (with plenty of room between them). Across the room was a couch that laid out to a full side bed. There was also a nice table to eat in the room, and even with ALL of that, the room never seemed small to us.

It was FANTASTIC. No, we did not have a separate bedroom, but I would not trade that room for anything. The balcony was HUGE!! Not totally wrap around, but bigger than some cabins I have cruise in :)

The bathroom had a separate shower, and a separate enclosed toilet, along whit a dressing room right outside of the bathroom with a door to that also.

I'm not sure that room is right for you, but you would not be disappointed with it.

We were in 13002 on the POA last year - we had myself, my husband, and two 21 year old girls. The king bed has a hospital curtain that wrapped around it, and then a Murphy bed NEXT to that (with plenty of room between them). Across the room was a couch that laid out to a full side bed. There was also a nice table to eat in the room, and even with ALL of that, the room never seemed small to us.

It was FANTASTIC. No, we did not have a separate bedroom, but I would not trade that room for anything. The balcony was HUGE!! Not totally wrap around, but bigger than some cabins I have cruise in :)

The bathroom had a separate shower, and a separate enclosed toilet, along whit a dressing room right outside of the bathroom with a door to that also.

I'm not sure that room is right for you, but you would not be disappointed with it.

Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards keeping our reservation as is. This was really helpful.

We were in one of the 2 bedroom aft suites this past January. We loved having the space for just the 2 of us. The king bed is in an "inside" room so plenty of darkness for sleeping. The 2nd bedroom is a pull out couch and is not all that big. I know the suite accomodates more than 3 so I expect the couch in the living area also pulled out for a bed. The balcony was HUGE! I'm a fan of the aft suites.

That's a tough one. The ones on 13 are new from a couple years ago. It is very quiet up there and you are close to the pool. However, the room gets separated by basically a hospital curtain so very little privacy.

The ones in the back would be close to Cagneys for breakfast but the ship isn't huge and it doesn't take that long to go from 13 to the back. You would have your own separate room.