London - Southampton - Gatwick

I looking for a hotel in London that someone can recommend pre-cruise. I want to be in the departure port for the Golden in Southampton the night pre-cruise. We also are going to be staying near Gatwick for an early morning flight the day after cruise. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!

We just got back from our QM2 cruise, ending in Southampton. We stayed at Jury's in Southampton for 4 days to do day trips from there. Our plane from Gatwick was at 9:04 (Delta), and we stayed right in the airport at LaMeridian, now sold to Sofitel. It was very easy to get to the gate at Delta, around 7 am from the hotel. However, the hotel was a mess....major renovating, and the beds were not really good. (they said new beds are in the future). If you are going anytime soon, I would not recommend this hotel, in the North Terminal. If your plane leaves from the South Terminal, there is a hotel there as well. (either Hilton or Hyatt?).

sorry, I can't recommend a hotel in London.

Grace

Hotels in London

Dependig on budget, there are twoo hotels I use when in London

The Copthorne Tara in Kensington. 4* Very comfortable, good food and a lovely coffee shop with scrumptious pastries and a very relaxing atmosphere!

Also K & K George Hotel 3*+ at Earls Court, Clean, reasonably priced good food!

Both are very near to the tube!

If I can help further, or if you have something in mind, give me a shout! I will be very glad to help!

I looking for a hotel in London that someone can recommend pre-cruise. I want to be in the departure port for the Golden in Southampton the night pre-cruise. We also are going to be staying near Gatwick for an early morning flight the day after cruise. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Do you want to be a bit more specific - such as what class of hotel, how long will you be staying in London, do you want to be right near the sights, do you mind catching taxis or travelling on the tube [subway] to get where you want to go, how are you getting from London to Southampton...then we can offer suggestions. www.tripadvisor.com always is a good place to start.

Archived