Viking didn't deliver what it promised

upset in PVB

If you are planning to take a Vikings Ocean cruise, you might want to think again. We took the Viking Star Ocean cruise, Passage through Western Europe, leaving Barcelona on 4/17/16 and ending in Bergen, Norway. Though the boat and staff were fine, the Viking Corporate management, their honesty and communication were horrible. They advertised (and we signed up for) 11 ports of call based on their brochures and ads, but they changed our particular voyage to 7 ports without notice or reason, resulting in 4 less ports of call than what we paid for and expected. Second, we had a virus outbreak on board with all water related facilities (pool, hot tubs, steam room) closed for 50% of our trip. Our attempt to regain some compensation for the services we paid for and never received has been beset with minimal offers of vouchers on future Viking cruises, required non-disclosure contracts to sign and a final ultimatum to accept the offer. Their offer was unsatisfactory, an insult, and insufficient restitution to refund monies paid for services never received. Viking has refused any further communication, despite our efforts. We were loyal, high paying, returning customers who apparently are not needed nor cared about. Never again will we take a Viking Cruise. There are many quality cruise options out there and we would strongly suggest you steer clear of Viking cruises.

Upset and unhappy in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues and disappointment with Viking's Passage Thru Western Europe cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed the Med Odyssey cruise last Sept and have booked the West Indies cruise for next Feb based on our experience. Maybe your post will cause a message back from Viking Relations

with some positive results.

Feb15, 2017 Viking Star - Caribbean

Sep 14, 2015 Viking Star - Med Odyssey

2014 Celebrity Silhouette

2012/2013 Celebrity Equinox

2007/2009 Celebrity Constellation

2006 Celebrity Infinity

2004 Carnival

1988 RC Sovereign of the Seas

1987 NCL M/S Skyward

• 2 weeks later...

I can't comment on the original port changes that some claimed were not in accordance with published information-but in our case (we were on that cruise) the planned ports were those we expected. The later changes resulted from having to stay in one port an extra day due to waiting for sick passengers to get out of the hospital. That resulted in the need to modify timing for the remainder of the trip, causing some to miss non-Viking things they had scheduled based on original times (a night at the theater in London, for example). I had hoped for more compensation from Viking, but am generally satisfied. If I had been one of those who had to go to the hospital, I would have really appreciated Viking waiting for me. Just booked my next one on th Sea in August, used my vouchers!

Wow, you ARE frustrated! Frustrated enough to post on Cruise Critic for the first time ever, apparently, to warn folks off of Viking Ocean Cruises. I guess you really want to punish the company! Sorry you were so disappointed with your cruise, and I hope you find a cruise line you are happier with.

(Changes in itinerary are a normal part of cruising, and all cruise lines inform pax that this may happen for any reason. In addition, pax on every cruise line have at one time or another suffered with the sometimes serious inconveniences resulting from viral outbreaks onboard.)