Online Check-in Question about making a change

MJF0507

Hi all - so long story, probably even longer than it needs to be, is this:
I was gathering data to send to one of my adult children about setting up Onboard Expenses (basically getting all of the questions together so she could do it all easily) and I wanted to see what the requirements for setting up a "Cash" account would be. WELL of course I clicked on it and now can't delete or edit it, which means I can't get to the Credit Card option.

I imagine it can be changed at the Port, but was hoping to get things done ahead of time so there is less stress.

Does anyone know how to delete the Cash option and set it back to being ready to accept CC instead? I do know my way around a computer screen and I have tried to Edit and Delete to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

I did the online check in and set up the expense account and saved. If I go back to online check in and click the onboard expenses on the left hand side it brings up our names. Under each name is a delete button and an edit button. If you delete, you can start over with setting up the expense account. (At least it worked that way for me).

If the delete button isn't working, you should probably just call Carnival because that is something wrong with their system.

If you don't want to worry about it, you can easily give them a credit card when you are checking in, and they will use that instead of a cash account.

Be aware that if you put a credit card on your account when you do the on line check in and then change you mind and want to do cash when you board, Carnival will put a few hundred dollar hold on your credit card the morning of the cruise before you even check in. It may take a week to 10 days for your bank to release the hold. If you are not sure what method of payment you will use when you do the on line check in it's better and easier to do cash and then change to a credit card at check in or at guest services once you board the ship.

[quote name='MJF0507']Hi all - so long story, probably even longer than it needs to be, is this:
I was gathering data to send to one of my adult children about setting up Onboard Expenses (basically getting all of the questions together so she could do it all easily) and I wanted to see what the requirements for setting up a "Cash" account would be. WELL of course I clicked on it and now can't delete or edit it, which means I can't get to the Credit Card option.

I imagine it can be changed at the Port, but was hoping to get things done ahead of time so there is less stress.

Does anyone know how to delete the Cash option and set it back to being ready to accept CC instead? I do know my way around a computer screen and I have tried to Edit and Delete to no avail.

Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]
Go back and edit.