Regal mini suite and steam room question

dreadnot

Which deck and or room would you suggest for a minisuite, and have not been able to find out if there is a steam room/ sauna in gym area like the Crown Princess or only in the Spa area on deck 5, which I would suspect is not free

Which deck and or room would you suggest for a minisuite, and have not been able to find out if there is a steam room/ sauna in gym area like the Crown Princess or only in the Spa area on deck 5, which I would suspect is not free

I chose B deck, only because it had a better position (mid-aft).

Edited by Kinkacruiser

No free steam room on that ship, sorry!

Ok this is a disappointment. Let me get this straight, the only steam room is in the Enclave area (deck 5) that charges, $25 - $30 a day?

The main gym is on deck 17 and this has no steam or sauna area?

Another example of bigger is not always better . A mini suite is not exactly a bargain basement room . To have to pay for a steam room , to me is reallyl class price gouging by the Cruise line . This seems to be a pattern with the larger ships . Will probably make me pick a Celebrity Aqua Class room where steam room and select dining are included. See you later Princess

Edited by dreadnot

Another example of bigger is not always better . A mini suite is not exactly a bargain basement room . To have to pay for a steam room , to me is reallyl class price gouging by the Cruise line . This seems to be a pattern with the larger ships . Will probably make me pick a Celebrity Aqua Class room where steam room and select dining are included. See you later Princess

Hi Dreadnot,

I completely agree. Its like a resort fee add-on in LV!

FYI-On my RC for the 8/19 Regal sailing, this was recently posted concerning a upgrade offer:

Got an upsell offer to go from a mini to owner's or premium suite for $799pp.

From my minor research elsewhere here on Cruise Critic, this seems kind of expensive for an upsell offer, though the final bottom line would still represent a significant discount from their normal rack rate and, given the overall expense of the trip (flight, room in Copenhagen, tours) wouldn't be much more percentage-wise. It might represent a once in a lifetime opportunity to us cheapskates.

We normally pick inside cabins or, at most, an obstructed view balcony guaranteed which we hope (and have had good luck getting in the past) gets upgraded to unobstructed. For this trip, the MF guarantee was surprisingly priced at the obstructed view regular balcony rate on our agent's website when we booked several months back. Just an outlier, I guess. I was delighted when the room assignment came back as MB.

So we're happy enough with the room we have and, traveling without other family, I'm leaning towards rejecting the upsell offer - if it even still exists after the weekend when my travel agent reopens. The difference in price would, after all, pay for a week cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, Vancouver or San Pedro in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

will probably go for the Regal since it looks like a beautiful ship/ The Mini suite we had on the Crown 10 years ago was about the nicest room on a ship we have booked. The gym has a sauna, but I will probably use some cabin credit for a couple of steam room sessions. When does the suite plus option go into effect/ if Princess were smart they would throw in some spa use in addition to the dining options.