How to watch for falling price

Jane110

To all,

Background Info:

My Mother and her DB signed up for an MSC line cruise with their local Elk's club. Even though Mom and DB are not friendly with the members, they liked the idea of free shuttle service to the ship and an onboard cocktail party. When I checked the price quote for their balcony cabin with my TA, I found that through the Elk's, they were only paying $50.PP more than my guys's best price. So for the $100. they decided to be with the goup and not have to think about where to park the car at the pier as well as join in the cocktail party.

Question:

Should the cruise go down in price, where/how would they get that info? I can't bother my TA since they didn't book with him. Would the Elk's look into this and then inform the cruise-goers? If my Mom called MSC directly, I'm sure their prices would be higher anyway.....or does she ask them if the base price has fallen since initial booking?

How does one go about find out out if the price has dropped if they didn't book through a TA?

Thanks all,

Jane

Jane, You can check with any of the online travel sites that list pricing. Just enter the sailing dates and act as if you are interested in booking the sailing yourself.

That said, I know that some cruiselines treat group bookings differently than individual bookings, and price reductions might be limited or not honored in their case. I am not familiar with MSC policies, so it would be best to check directly with the line.

Archived