Last bits of preparations for Voyage of the Glaciers on Coral

Lurdes777

Guys please give your advice / feedback on:

- any ideas for workout or any type of exercise on the Coral?

- if you had to chose ONE activity on Alaska, which one would you chose?

- storing and transferring luggage in Vancouver port. Should I pre-pay now or this can be easily done once we arrive? How did your transfer go?

- Once in Vancouver - what to see in 10 hours that is a must? I've been to Vancouver once, really enjoyed just walking around town and trying different foods. Maybe should do the same again. Just grab a taxi to the city?

Thank you!

Full gym on board . Two levels of Zuma held everyday.

The train in Skagway or a Flight Tour in Juneau.

- storing and transferring luggage in Vancouver port. Should I pre-pay now or this can be easily done once we arrive? How did your transfer go?

There is a service that transfers luggage to the airport for you.

- Once in Vancouver - what to see in 10 hours that is a must? I've been to Vancouver once, really enjoyed just walking around town and trying different foods. Maybe should do the same again. Just grab a taxi to the city?

Take the Hop On-Off bus . Don't pre pay it.

Thank you!

Hope the comments will help you.

Thank you for your suggestions. I am trying to decide whether to do a helicopter/dog sledding in Skagway, as this seems to be highly cancelled tour... I looked at the TEMSCO website and it redirects me back to Princess. I assume that this is the only helicopter tour operators in Skagway?

Thank you for your suggestions. I am trying to decide whether to do a helicopter/dog sledding in Skagway, as this seems to be highly cancelled tour... I looked at the TEMSCO website and it redirects me back to Princess. I assume that this is the only helicopter tour operators in Skagway?

Yes, TEMSCO is the ship contractor, and only vendor.

I suggest you not be focused on "canceled". IF you want to take it, book it. Just know what Skagway offers to fill in any extra time you have. http://www.skagway.com

I was on the Coral Northbound 6/11/-6/18 and they had a 5k on College Fjord day. I actually wish they had this everyday but it was well attended and I turned it into 5 miles. It was beautiful out which probably contributed to my extension.

Thank you!

WORKOUTS: There are all sorts of workout classes on Coral. I even saw a lot of spinning bikes in the room next to the fitness center. I hurt my calf muscle on the 1st day, so I didn't exercise much after that. We got a decent workout just taking the stairs on the ship most of the time.

ONE ACTIVITY: Hmmm, that's tough. I think my favorite thing to do was take the tram in Juneau up Mt. Roberts and hiking around the mountain. There were stunning views along the different trails. It was a gorgeous day, so that helped. Also, we took a Glacier Helicopter tour in Juneau from Coastal Helicopter tours. I would have preferred to do the helicopter dogsled tour (thru Coastal) but we already signed up for the Mushers (summer) Camp tour in Skagway and didn't know if we'd be able to cancel it until we were onboard the ship, so to be safe, we kept that tour and just did the glacier helicopter tour in Juneau, which was neat. I read it's better to book a helicopter tour in Juneau (for a northbound cruise) because if it gets canceled due to weather, you have another chance for one in Skagway. We had great weather in both ports so it didn't affect us either way.

VANCOUVER: We arrived in Vancouver Thursday night for our Saturday cruise, so we had one full day. We walked from our hotel to Stanley Park. There's a bike rental place nearby, and we rented bikes and rode the 6 mile loop along the seawall. That was a lot of fun, and easy bike ride (it's mostly flat), had some nice views, and it only took us about an hour, so it was cheap (about $12 for both bikes).