Different ships open dining reservation at different time?

I booked a Sky class crown loft suite for Dec 3 Harmony. My friend booked a regular balcony cabin for Dec 9 Anthem. In my cruise planner, I was able to make dining reservations (except character breakfast), but my friend was the other way around. All he can see is character breakfast (in activities) but nothing for dining.

So my question is, do some ships open their dining reservation 180 days prior, and some ships open 90 days prior? Does the suite class make any difference? Thanks.

There is no pattern to when reservations open, and reservations for different ships are independent of each other. I've not seen anything that would indicate suite class has any effect.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for posting this, I had forgotten that when I tried making our dining reservations for early seating on Brilliance next year. Still can't do that yet. The reservations show us for "my time" dining. We don't want that, specifically want early dining but at least they have us down for a ten person table.