Galveston/I need new luggage tags/Porters -- What's the procedure?

Sablerose

Hi all,

Just looking for some specifics about this particular procedure, as we're in the middle of packing.

Looks like we'll have 5 bags, plus two carry-on bags. So here's my question.

If we take EZCruise shuttle to the pier, and then they unload our bags, what happens next?

We have old documents that have us in an interior room even though we now have a balcony room, so we're going to need to check in and get new luggage tags.

Do we end up keeping our luggage with us until we have the new tags and everything? Do we have to fight the porters off with a stick until we have the new tags? With the bottlenecks I've read about in Galveston, I just want to make sure I understand the whole procedure before we get there so we don't end up missing a bag or something.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Just tell the porter the situation and he'll take you over to the table and make sure you have the right tags.

(The Conquest is just about to pull out from the pier. -- 5:56pm) I'm watching on the Harborcam :D

I hope you have a wonderful time!

and they were great. It is easy to pull in, get your ticket and then park. You will have your luggage from your car to a tent (I parked two cars away) but no car is very far away. They will load your luggage in the back of a small bus and transport you to the terminal, where a porter will meet you.

Tell the porter your concern, and he will help you. All porters carry extra tags for luggage.

Hope you have a great trip.

I just watched her pull out, too! I raised my glass, and waived, and everything. Can't wait - in a week that'll be us! Whee!

Thank you for the tip about the luggage!

I have the same problem with the luggage tags. Carnival was supposed to mail me the correct ones but I never received them. They told me the same thing about getting the correct ones from the porter when we arrive.

We also watched the Conquest leave tonight.....we will be aboard the next time she pulls off with a Fun Ship Special in hand and smiles on our faces..:D

Just tell the porter the situation and he'll take you over to the table and make sure you have the right tags.

(The Conquest is just about to pull out from the pier. -- 5:56pm) I'm watching on the Harborcam :D

I hope you have a wonderful time!

What's the link to Harborcam? Thanks

Rose

Put some of your address labels in your purse and when you get to the port and have your new tags just put one of your labels on each tag and write in the room number and you are ready to go. Speeds up the process instead of having to write everything out on each tag.

Have a great well deserved cruise from one AF wife to another.

We found the porters at Galveston Terminal to be the nicest and most helpful we have encountered. 4 of our group of 8 needed luggage tags. The porters were right on top of it. Very friendly. The tip about bringing stickers is great. You can have new tags and be on your way to the line in a couple of minutes. If you do not have any cruise documents, bring your Fun Pass. That is all you need besides your ID and passport or birth cert. It takes no longer if you do not have your cruise documents.

Archived