Name on Reservation too long .. Help Pls

egvra76

Hello everyone, family of 5 and currently booked on Oasis this coming October. I'm concerned about my kid's long name on her passport, that given the limitation on Royal's reservation system, they simply didn't match. I end up booking over the phone, i only got a verbal assurance that it won't be an issue, but going thru the fine print, RCI made it clear that the names on the reservation and the legal doc has to be a match. Should i just take the rep's word for it? Has anyone have a similar experience? thanks anyone

I had similar situation I have 3 names on passport and only 2 on reservation (first & last) on line wouldn't let me enter middle name. I called rep and was told it only had to match exactly for flights. If no flights through cruise company the 2 names were good enough. So I have stuck with the 2 name on all cruises since with no issue (always book flights separately and full name here,

This must be a common occurrence lots of people have long or double names. Is it to long because of a double name i.e. Winters-Jones?

@Clarea - yup, im about to do that right now

@kerry - she had 3 names seperated by spaces, but only her first and second

made it to the system with her 2nd barely making it and missing the last

letter. e.g Joseph Anthony became JosephAnthon.