Seward after Holland Cruise

UOT

Hello, Just a few questions--saw a previous post but our situation is a little different. We are arriving on Holland at 6am, 4 adults. We are staying in town, doing the 6hr Kenai Fjords cruise and then hubby is taking night bus to Anchorage to get a rental car and come back. It's substantially cheaper so worth it.

Wondering about what time will get off the ship? Will we have time to go to Safeway to pick up things before the 11:30 cruise? I think they want us there at 10:30.

What's the best way to get around town? I am checking with the cruise company to see if we can store our luggage with them until after the cruise.

Not sure if the city is walkable--doesn't seem very big

Thanks.

I'd say that Safeway is a little under 1/2 mile from the harbor.

The kenai cruise company will hold your luggage while you tour with them.

But if you're overnighting in Seward, you can drop all your luggage at your lodging. They'll hold it until you check in.

Seward is very small. It's kind of a 2 part town .... one end is the harbor and the other end is the 'downtown' area, about 1 1/2 miles apart. A taxi to anywhere in town will be about $7. But with thousands of cruise passengers disembarking it may be difficult to get a cab. If you don't have your luggage, there's a free shuttle on cruise days.

http://www.cityofseward.us/documentcenter/view/2861

(look on this map for the safeway store; it's on Seward Hwy, between Bear and Coolidge)

Edited by mapleleaves

Hello, Just a few questions--saw a previous post but our situation is a little different. We are arriving on Holland at 6am, 4 adults. We are staying in town, doing the 6hr Kenai Fjords cruise and then hubby is taking night bus to Anchorage to get a rental car and come back. It's substantially cheaper so worth it.

Wondering about what time will get off the ship? Will we have time to go to Safeway to pick up things before the 11:30 cruise? I think they want us there at 10:30.

What's the best way to get around town? I am checking with the cruise company to see if we can store our luggage with them until after the cruise.

Not sure if the city is walkable--doesn't seem very big

Thanks.

Passengers start leaving the ship around 6am. as mentioned, take your bags to where you are staying. They will store them for you. Cabs are plentiful and if no mobility limitations, I've walked everywhere in Seward, including from the Safeway to the Sea Life Center- It IS a distance and takes time.

No- you can not "store your bags" with, any "cruise ship company".