Roam Right ... One month and counting

For the last two weeks, I have been told I will be hearing "next week".

I submitted all the correct documentation on day one and they have not asked for additional.

I have been in contact to be sure that they have everything they need or to offer any clarification. I dealt with their company On Call through the process. All the proper notifications and clearances were made.

In the meantime , my NY insurance plan through ACA has sent me a check for the medical. I didn't even need to file a claim. I just faxed the info and never spoke to anyone or got a case number.

Its stunning that this was the first company to make a payment as they were sent receipts after the claim to roam right .

I will follow up to let you know what the final results are from them .

For the last two weeks, I have been told I will be hearing "next week".

I submitted all the correct documentation on day one and they have not asked for additional.

I have been in contact to be sure that they have everything they need or to offer any clarification. I dealt with their company On Call through the process. All the proper notifications and clearances were made.

In the meantime , my NY insurance plan through ACA has sent me a check for the medical. I didn't even need to file a claim. I just faxed the info and never spoke to anyone or got a case number.

Its stunning that this was the first company to make a payment as they were sent receipts after the claim to roam right .

I will follow up to let you know what the final results are from them .

I'm not sure if "two weeks" when you were told "next week" is unreasonable... YET!

What exactly did they say would happen "next week"?

A decision? A check being cut and sent out by mail?

The real question is how long this continues.

(I don't think Roam Right is among the insurers that seem to have good reports here, but I'm not that familiar with it.)

This doesn't help now, but in the future, we'd strongly recommend that you contact Steve at

http://www.TripInsuranceStore.com

(But CALL, don't just read the plan summaries online, as there is lots of "fine print" that can matter... a lot.)

They sell insurance policies from several "vetted" insurers, meaning they actually pay...;)

We are among those with a couple of claims paid with no nonsense, and no unnecessary delays.

(Our two claims are with Travel Insured.)

I will use Steve in the future. I only recently found this board. It would be a great help to many, I am sure.

What has been frustrating, to clarify, is this. I call on a Monday. They say they will have a decision by the end of the week or early next week. I call back a week later, having given them the longest they have said it will be.

Now I hear, it will be the end of this week, or early next week.

It would have been better had they said at the outset, this will take a month, rather than falling short on their assurances. Now they say, it's complicated. Well, no more so than on day 1. I am not sure what about an orthopedic accident is complicated. It is clearly documented. In any event, they could have said that when I submitted it week one. As I spoke to them then and they said they usually turn around in two weeks. So my expectations were set by their response to me. If they had said a month, I would have set a reminder on my calendar.

My NYS insurance customer service center (not even the claims people that have no line for consumers ) said give us a month. And three weeks later they not only made a decision but had cut and sent out a check.

My friend who put forth a claim on this trip (trip interruption ) got her check weeks ago.

Another woman on our trip who fell ill also has been reimbursed.

So far Roam Rights performance has lagged others. I will pass along the final results,

I will certainly keep in mind TravelInsured! I agree on the contract details as well. And not only that, important details can vary state to state (for example, NYS does not allow one the cancel for any reason benefit).

I think we all learn from one another here. What is totally useless are the four star reviews from people who never made a claim but spoke to the peace of mind they got.

i guess all this lack of follow through has made me anxious that they are looking for ways not to pay!