Beach Clubs in Nha Trang.

millymaid

Go to Trip Advisor - Vietnam Forum and search the name of the club there - you will find plenty of reviews etc

Have been to both but over twelve months ago now and so it is better for you to look at current reviews about the two establishments.

(PS I enjoyed both - but a couple of hours was enough for me - also avoid late at night as I am advised it can be a bit hairy on the streets outside at that time.

Not sure of the time of the year you will be there but be aware that in Dec/Jan it can be a little cooler that one might expect.

Edited by Bpos

We were there in March for four days. We found the Sailing Club expensive. We went further along the beach and got sunbeds/umbrellas for half the price. The real bonus was that it was a much quieter spot.

Cannot remember the prices not. We were travelling for a long time, lots of places. It was not expensive by our standards but it was relative to other prices. What we found when travelling for several months is that if we went into an establishment frequented by tourists the prices were often about double what we would pay in other establishments. Plus, we may as well of stayed home or gone to Florida or some such place.

What I do remember is we did not think that the Sailing Club was anything to write home about and did not understand why so many people recommended it to us. What I do remember is that the restaurant portion overlooking the beach looked nice, the beach area with sun beds was crowded as was the whole general area. I do remember that we paid exactly half for a similar beach bed 1/2 mile up the beach or so. It was not the price that attracted us, it was that it was much less busy. But...there was no bar service at the sun bed area. Just crossed the street and brought something back.

When we did eat we did not really want a hamburger, club sandwich, or some tourist style Vietnamese dish. We walked to small family run place, sat on those low chairs and between their non existent English and our non existent Vietnamese figured out how to order grilled scallops on the shell and a wonderful pad thai type dish. Plus some local beers. Wonderful meal, great people, and we ended up taking happy snaps of each other. All that plus it was far less expensive than what we saw (and did not appeal to us at that time) on the Sailing Club menu. It really just comes down to personal preference, one is not better than the other.

Edited by iancal