Ironing facilities/Embarkation time Marseille

Ashling

Hi, we are taking our first MSC cruise on the Preziosa this Friday, sailing from Marseille in the Yacht Club. So excited.

Do you know if you can borrow an iron. Also, as the ship does not arrive in Marseille until 1pm, our paperwork reflects a check-in time of 4pm. Does anyone know if that is the earlist time you can join the ship.

Many thanks

Hi, we are taking our first MSC cruise on the Preziosa this Friday, sailing from Marseille in the Yacht Club. So excited.

Do you know if you can borrow an iron.

Have a wonderful cruise. I'm sure you'll love YC. Unfortunately, MSC does not provide ironing or laundry facilities and you cannot bring your own iron onboard for safety reasons. They do offer an ironing (and laundry) service but it's pricey.

If it's convenient for you, I'd head to the terminal earlier as you'll be given a number at which will determine what group you'll be called with. The earlier the number, the earlier you'll get to board.

Edited by Beamafar

Bea, thanks for the info. I will have to pack very carefully, to try and avoid creasing. Cant wait to try a new cruise line and experience the yacht club.

You're welcome :)

Try using dry-cleaners plastic covers on your clothes - they're supposed to help prevent creasing.

Bon voyage!

About Marseille: the ship ist at 13:00 in Marseille and leave at 20:00. There isn't a big pax change but i think bevor 14:30 you can't go onboard.

The last time in Marseille there were waiting some peoble with the luggage in the terminal at 14:00.

We will embark saturday in Genova at the Preziosa, also in the YC :-) i like The MSC YC and the service.

Good Cruise i hope you will enoy it!

Edited by Nikita4

Ashling - just realised you'd said you were travelling in YC. You'll have priority boarding so getting in ahead of the crowds won't be an issue. You'll have a butler assist you with the embarkation procedure and accompany you onboard to the YC Concierge where you'll receive your cruise card. Boarding doesn't usually commence 'til at least 2 hours or so after ship's arrival to allow for disembarkation of those finishing their cruise at that port and the readying of cabins. They also have to set up the embarkation area. However, if you're there when they open the desks you'll be one of the first onboard!

Bea - Thanks for the info, I really appreciate the help and advise given by all on this forum. I have learn't loads. I am definately going with an open mind and intend to enjoy the cruise!!!!

We have to check out of our hotel at midday, so will probably head to the port at 2:30/3:00 (ish).