My Hawaii adventure by land and sea

mongee

Just thought I would give this a bit of a nudge.

This time next week I will be on my way to San Francisco where I will be visiting my daughter who is currently living and working there. I've never been there before and have several things all planned and set to go. If anybody has any ideas on things I should do please let me know.

We did a free walking tour which was very interesting (Fisherman's Wharf: A Hidden History, http://www.sfcityguides.org/current_schedule.html).

Susanne

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just nudging this one again just in case anybody is still interested :)

I have enjoyed your adventures very much and your photos have been outstanding. So wonderful of you to share them with us all.

Do you have a complex camera (DSL) or just a point and shoot?

I have enjoyed your adventures very much and your photos have been outstanding. So wonderful of you to share them with us all.

Do you have a complex camera (DSL) or just a point and shoot?

Thank you!

My camera is a just a point and shoot, a Panasonic Lumix TZ40, I love it and I love taking photos as you can probably tell. We had a fantastic time in Hawaii and we both talk about going back there some day.

I just wanted to say that I read all of your review and it has been amazingly helpful. It's so nice to read a review from the perspective of another Aussie! I had even booked the same Road to Hana tour that you did.

I have a question - how did you find dealing with the security at American airports? What is the TSA like? I've never flown to America so I'm really nervous about that (not that I have any reason to be, it's just that you read all of the horror stories!).

But thank you again for such a great review. It's made me really excited for my holiday!

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to say that I read all of your review and it has been amazingly helpful. It's so nice to read a review from the perspective of another Aussie! I had even booked the same Road to Hana tour that you did.

I have a question - how did you find dealing with the security at American airports? What is the TSA like? I've never flown to America so I'm really nervous about that (not that I have any reason to be, it's just that you read all of the horror stories!).

But thank you again for such a great review. It's made me really excited for my holiday!

I am currently on hols in Chiang Mai sitting by the pool having a relaxing time, we just got off the Ovation Of The Seas last Friday in Singapore.

As for the airport lines, arriving in Honolulu was the longest we had to wait and it would have been at least a 30 minute wait. Our inter Island flights Honolulu-Kona, Kona-Kahului and Kahului-Honolulu we didn't have to wait too long in the TSA line. Even though they are domestic flights you still need to have your passport handy as they don't accept other photo ID for non-Americans. The TSA line leaving Honolulu for home was a slightly longer wait but nothing too bad. We did have to walk for ages to get from there to our departure lounge though. We flew Hawaiian for all flights.

Thanks for reading my little blog and I am glad it was useful to you. If you have any other questions I will try to answer them for you. We loved Hawaii so much.