My Hawaii adventure by land and sea

mongee

Thank you for your great review. Am I reading it correctly that you used Roberts Hawaii for the Haleakala Sunrise tour? I am looking into this as well. Roberts says the tour ends at 11:50 (for when I am going). Will there be time to rent a car after or would there not be enough time?

Sorry, I really don't know the answer to that one. When we got back we were so tired we had lunch then a nap. If you wanted to hire a car afterwards I would think you would only have three to four hours, if that.

Edited by mongee

I can only go as far as day 9 - should I be able to get further?

I have done only as far as day nine so far, so just the red links. The others are just placeholders for future days.

I booked all our tours online months before we left home. I did lots of research first and only chose tours with smaller groups. The biggest one we had was the E Noa one with 22 people.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by mongee

I have done only as far as day nine so far, so just the red links. The others are just placeholders for future days.

I booked all our tours online months before we left home. I did lots of research first and only chose tours with smaller groups. The biggest one we had was the E Noa one with 22 people.

Thanks for reading!

So will you carry on from day 9 sometime??? I will keep watching.

And THANK YOU for posting - its brill - we too only like small groups - so I will keep looking

Thanks

Helen

Amazing - not sure if I could do a helicopter ride tho!! I have passed the link onto my friend who is coming with us to Hawaii - she is loving it too

Thanks again

Cant tell you how much I am enjoying this whole review. We would prefer a private tour in Kuaui - would you recommend the company you used? It looks like it covers most of the places we would like to go to.

Thank you again for taking all the time and effort to do this review - its been very enjoyable and very helpful

H

Thanks Helen, I am really glad you are reading and enjoying it. After the hassle at the beginning we ended up having a great day, and it was only a bonus that we ended up getting a private tour as we had booked a tour where the maximum would be six people. I did believe him when he said the mixup or issue was with the third party we booked through. Here is what I think is their website, the phone number there matches the phone number I was given in the confirmation email.

http://www.kauaiislandshuttle.com/

Thanks Helen, I am really glad you are reading and enjoying it. After the hassle at the beginning we ended up having a great day, and it was only a bonus that we ended up getting a private tour as we had booked a tour where the maximum would be six people. I did believe him when he said the mixup or issue was with the third party we booked through. Here is what I think is their website, the phone number there matches the phone number I was given in the confirmation email.

http://www.kauaiislandshuttle.com/

Sorry - is this the site of the people you did the tour with or the third party??? Sorry for being a little thick!

H

I am thoroughly enjoying your blog. Your photos are amazing and show such great detail. I was looking for some insight into cruising Hawaii and you have definitely provided it.

Thanks so much!

Thank you! I read so many reviews on here when I was planning and researching for our trip and every one of them helped me in some way.

thanks - going to have a look at that then - looks like you had a good trip round - where did you have lunch?

Any other tips?

H

Lunch wasn't included but he took us to this place in Waimea where we could buy lunch and it was very good, not a restaurant, more a cafe or takeaway style but better than takeaway food and very reasonably priced - L & L Hawaiian BBQ.

Another amazing report and fantastic photos. I can't wait to show our friends the Na Pali coast -its sooooo stunning. We did it on a Zodiac last time - that was amazing too.

We have never walked round the area of the port - we have always done tours in Kuaui. Is it a nice simple walk to the pub you showed???

Maybe we should take the tour on day one and a walk out on the 2nd day.

Thanks again - I am loving this

H

There are two small shopping centres across the road from each other with a 10 minute walk from the dock. There are also regular free shuttles going to each shops, the pub is on the same side of the road as the Anchor Cove shops and right across from the Harbor Mall shops. The gardens inside the Marriott are really nice and the hotel is right on the beach, the hotel also has a Duke's so you could have some Hula Pie. We had Hula Pie at Duke's in Waikiki but anytime is the right time for Hula Pie!

More amazing photos - the Na Pali coast is outstanding. We have been advised before about watching it from Deck 6 - which side do we need to be on for the best view? Does it turn so the other side of the ship see it too - or just once past and onward?

Thanks again for all your help.

H