Iguazo and South America Cruises

TiogaCruiser

Hi JJ. Thanks for the great info. Do you remember what local company you used? We're going on the HA cruise in Feb 2018 and want to do BA and the falls ahead of the cruise. Any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Deb

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but a person on the Princess boards is blogging about her trip to SA, the falls, etc. The link is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2449091.

Karen

Thanks. She's got some good details in there (including pix of the single day ticket with price, and menus with prices).

I'm not so enthused about the spiders the size of a hand. [eek]

We also were on that cruise, as you well know. After Buenes Aires we did Iguazu Falls on our own. We had a guide for Buenes Aires that took us to the airport and we flew up to Iguazu where a guide service drove us to Iguazu Park and dropped us off at the Sheraton. Toured the falls for two days on our own and like previously mentioned enjoyed the Shearaton and dining. Stayed on the Argentina side only as Visa for Brazil was exorbitant at the time.

Our hotel in Buenes Aires stored our cruise luggage so we didn't have heavy cumbersome bag drags. All in all we came out cheaper than Hal Side Excursion by doing it on her own. We flew back to Buenes Aires and did another day of touring before flying home.

Iguazu Fall is magnificent but it was hot. Eleanor Rooselvelt was quoted when first seeing the many falls, "Poor Niagara"!

Take the Boat Ride!

It also was fun to see many of our post cruise mates staying at the Sheraton.

We also want to do this cruise again. B.

My only regret about two South America cruises was NOT going to Iguazu Falls.. Our good Friends asked me last night when I was going to plan another cruise for the four of us (DH & our Friends) I would love to get them to go to SA but unfortunately our Friends will not cruise for more than 10 to max 14 days..:(