Royal Inside Cabin C134 Noisy? (beside white space on deck plan)

mommasaurus

We have booked an inside quad room on the Royal and were given C134. When looking at the deck plan, I see a "white space" beside it and was wondering if someone could tell me if this room would be noisy. Not sure what the white space indicates (housekeeping room, crew staircase..). This white space also applies to the cabin decks above as well.

Thanks

I would not book C134 or any other inside near that area. The problem is not the white space. Instead look under it, all the way to the stage.

I stayed in C207 a few cabins away on the other side of the white space. What I found is that area is directly above the stage in the theater. While it is two decks up. There is a two deck high open space above the theater that is used to hold screens, sets, etc. used in the productions. So for all practical purpose the cabins on C deck in that area are right over the stage with nothing but open air in between. When anything having music (shows, practice, etc) was going on in the theater, the sound in C207 was louder then the TV.

Would not have been that bad except I found out that they tended to leave music playing there late into the night as the workers were resetting the stage and doing other work. As well as some musicians like practicing there very late (1-2 am for example). I actually had the late night customer service manager to walk first to my room and then down to the stage at 2am on night to show how loud the music was and that they were still playing it.

We were booked on two 10 days back to back and told Princess that if they could not move us for the second 10 days that we would just get off in Miami and cancel the second leg. They did find us a room when someone else canceled at the last minute.

Some of the white space under it is for air handlers and they help conduct the sound up, even if the room itself is not over the open stage area like C207.

Edited by RDC1

We just sailed on Coral in C202 and received the same warning about noise. However, we heard nothing at all. We loved the cabin. :)

We also sailed in an Aloha balcony cabin on Star that was right underneath the Lido pizza area/bar/etc. and experienced no noise from MUTS of from the infamous "chair scraping" people warn about.

Obviously "your mileage may vary" seems to apply to these situations.

Thanks for your reply. I have read countless reviews of people who have stayed in these cabins and I have only found three that mentioned it and the most recent mentioned that the noise was muffled but noticeable. They also mentioned that after the last showtime it stopped. It is unfortunate that the last showtime can be as late as 10:30 start time. On other ships we have stayed on Plaza deck under the theatre and didn't find it a problem.

I always appreciate the comments given by others. This is a New Years cruise and we need a quad inside room, therefore some of our choices get limited.