Norwegian Pearl Review - "The Suite Life" - Alaska, July 3-10, 2016

misslyss1220

I know this thread is a couple of years old but am still hoping you can still help me out. Do suite guests get a “private” area to view the glacier? Someone had mentioned to me that they do but I haven’t found mention of that anywhere else. We have the 2-bedroom suite booked so we have a balcony so not a big deal either way - just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Pearl the previous week to the OP in 2016 and we were in a 2br Family Suite (non Haven) in Cabin 11530. We did not have access to a private area for glacier viewing. I do know of someone who was on the Jewel in 2015 in a non Haven aft penthouse suite and they were given access to a private area in the Haven for their glacier viewing day. I'm not sure if it depends on the ship and/or even the concierge.

As an FYI they opened the bow up for everyone while in Glacier Bay and that was pretty cool. If open you can access it from deck 8. I will echo what others have mentioned when it come to Glacier Bay and viewing and that is you want to watch from different vantage points on different decks. Lower and higher decks give a totally different feel and view.

Are you in the Haven? I am pretty sure there is a private sun deck that Haven guests can use, but I have no idea if it is open to all suite guests or not.

We are not in the haven. Dang!

I was on the Pearl the previous week to the OP in 2016 and we were in a 2br Family Suite (non Haven) in Cabin 11530. We did not have access to a private area for glacier viewing. I do know of someone who was on the Jewel in 2015 in a non Haven aft penthouse suite and they were given access to a private area in the Haven for their glacier viewing day. I'm not sure if it depends on the ship and/or even the concierge.

As an FYI they opened the bow up for everyone while in Glacier Bay and that was pretty cool. If open you can access it from deck 8. I will echo what others have mentioned when it come to Glacier Bay and viewing and that is you want to watch from different vantage points on different decks. Lower and higher decks give a totally different feel and view.

We aren’t in the haven but I hope we get to be a part of the private viewing! Either way, we have our balcony and that should be enough. Thanks for the info!!