Magic cabin question

JediMom

We are booked on the Carnival Magic in February 2017 :) and are booked on the Upper deck, starboard side right above the Piano Bar.

We were on the Breeze 2 years ago and the Piano Bar was our favorite evening hangout - Ben was the piano man and he was fantastic, so fantastic there was a packed house every night well past midnight most nights!! Last year, we were on the Valor and while I can't remember the entertainer's name .... he wasn't very good and the bar was more than half empty every night and he was probably done by 11.

Obviously, it's a hit and miss which experience we'll have this time but if the piano bar is hopping, will we be disrupted by the noise?? We're travelling with DS who's in bed 10 or 11ish on our cruises.

Also, is it the starboard side that is the smoking side of the ship?? Would we be bothered from smoke on our balcony coming up from the Lanai??

Thanks for the feedback :)

We are booked on the Carnival Magic in February 2017 :) and are booked on the Upper deck, starboard side right above the Piano Bar.

We were on the Breeze 2 years ago and the Piano Bar was our favorite evening hangout - Ben was the piano man and he was fantastic, so fantastic there was a packed house every night well past midnight most nights!! Last year, we were on the Valor and while I can't remember the entertainer's name .... he wasn't very good and the bar was more than half empty every night and he was probably done by 11.

Obviously, it's a hit and miss which experience we'll have this time but if the piano bar is hopping, will we be disrupted by the noise?? We're travelling with DS who's in bed 10 or 11ish on our cruises.

Also, is it the starboard side that is the smoking side of the ship?? Would we be bothered from smoke on our balcony coming up from the Lanai??

Thanks for the feedback :)

Not sure if it will be bothersome but beginning last Friday the 15th, they made the entire starboard side deck 11 open for smoking outside (not on balconies obviously) I have not heard any reports of how that has impacted guests yet. I am very concerned as I am on that side and hate the idea of smoke coming on to my balcony disrupting my morning coffee or just trying to enjoy some quiet time. I sail next month and will post a review when I am done. In the meantime maybe someone from last week or this week's cruise can speak to it sooner?

Not sure if it will be bothersome but beginning last Friday the 15th, they made the entire starboard side deck 11 open for smoking outside (not on balconies obviously) I have not heard any reports of how that has impacted guests yet. I am very concerned as I am on that side and hate the idea of smoke coming on to my balcony disrupting my morning coffee or just trying to enjoy some quiet time. I sail next month and will post a review when I am done. In the meantime maybe someone from last week or this week's cruise can speak to it sooner?

My goodness, how many do you expect out there? Are you visualizing the whole side of the ship just lined up with smokers?