CP Baja Deck Cabin B750

Jerlyn

Jerlyn,

We were on the CP last week and stayed in cabin B748, which was next door to B750. B750 has a large balcony, but it has a large white beam in the middle of the balcony, which obstructs your ocean view in the room. The people that stayed in that cabin said you could work around the beam and put chairs in front of it, but they were disappointed to find it there. If you can switch to either of the end aft cabins, like we had, you would like it much better. We were able to have a table, 2 chairs and 2 lounge chairs on our deck, with plenty of room to walk around. The last two cabins on either end of the ship have the largest balconies. The middle aft cabins are about 3 feet shorter than the outside 2 on each end. If you can't switch I think you would still enjoy B750, but be aware that the beam will be there. We loved the aft cabin. No wind at night, its great to sit out on. We practically lived out there! Also we had a full moon, which was fabulous. Aft cabins are great

Oh Boy, these are not the words I want to hear. Did you happen to see this beam, and were they able to have a table and chair?. Was the beam closer to the room or the end of the deck?

I booked 6 months ago and now I'm depressed icon_frown.gif

Thanks for your answers

The beam is about in the middle,it is about 2 1/2 to 3' but narrow in width, maybe a little more toward the room. You can put chairs and a table in front of it. It still will be a nice balcony, you just have an obstructed view when you look out of your door. The couple that was in that room quickly got use to the beam and just worked around it. They really enjoyed their aft cabin. We had originally booked B750, then after looking at pictures of the back of the Grand, we felt like there was a possibility that the beam would be on this balcony, so I called Princess directly and asked them which aft cabins were still available. That was when we found B748, and they switched us with no problem. You might try calling them and checking, if you think that you will be unhappy. The CP is a wonderful ship and we had a fantastic cruise, don't let this little setback be a damper to your trip, you will be able to work around it. icon_smile.gif. Also, if you keep your aft cabin, be sure to call room service and get the menu from the dining room on evening so you can order up a great dinner and eat it on your balcony. That was very romantic, especially if you are lucky like us and have a full moon.

We took a picture of the back end of the CP and I will see if I can get my husband to post it so you can be the judge.

Swiss

Swiss, thank you for making me feel better, we are celebrating our 30th and you know how that goes. You try to make it the best you can. I hope your Hubby will be able to post the picture for me.

Thank you again.

Jerlyn

Suncat,

DW and I were in B751 last week and ... yes it does have the beam in front... was a bummer when I first saw it but having the extended balcony was really nice. We worked around it... putting the table and chairs in front of it near the railing. We had the two lounge chairs closer to the room and although there is no sun on them it was still nice. We wouldn't have changed for anything other then B749 or B748 (extended balcony no beam)

Rob

Carnival Paradise 4/01 Western Caribbean

Carnival Paradise 3/02 Southern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04... Is it over already???

HELP

can anyone tell me about B756 on the caribbean Princess, we have never even been on a cruise ship, so we do not know what to expect. We booked 9 months ago so I am really hoping that we have a good balcony

thanks LeiLoni

Rob, one more question, how much sun was there on your deck and I am really glad to hear that you worked aroung it. I figured I will bring some decoration to spice it up a little. I was going to change my cabin but I am growing attached to the beam. lol

Thanks Jerlyn

Swiss, thank you so much for the photos and also hubby for posting them. Wow, the beam is bigger then I thought. But I guess if you can put the table and chairs in front of the beam, it should be good to go. I am not sure how much sun we would get back there anyway. I checked and the only other cabin open would be B753, and the deck looks small.

Thanks again, I am just happy to be cruising.

Jerlyn

Jerlyn,

You don't get a lot of sun on the aft balconies. I had to go to the pool area for that, which I liked because I am a people watcher and loved the music and activities on the sun decks. When we were going south we got sun in the late afternoons. When we were going north, we did not get much sun at all. My husband does not like to suntan much so the balcony was a great place for him.

Swiss

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob & Tam:

Suncat,

DW and I were in B751 last week and ... yes it does have the beam in front... was a bummer when I first saw it but having the extended balcony was really nice. We worked around it... putting the table and chairs in front of it near the railing. We had the two lounge chairs closer to the room and although there is no sun on them it was still nice. We wouldn't have changed for anything other then B749 or B748 (extended balcony no beam)

Rob

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04... Is it over already???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We were upgraded to B-751 from a Guarantee BF. Do you think they would allow us to switch to B-748 or 749 if either are available? What would you do...?

Oh - from the picture, which is the Baja deck? (This is our first cruise)

Thanks!

Suncat

Hi All

The Baja deck is the second row of balconies from the top. And it never hurts to try changing a room.

I would like to add to Miss Swisses comments. If I were given the choice of switching to a mini-suite with a balcony on the side of the ship or the room you have now, I would take your room in a heartbeat. I'm the one lounging in the picture. If I was in the room, I was on the balconly watching where had just been fading in the distance. That is Ft. Lauderdale in the picture.

I'm not sure about Swiss, I think she would have liked a tub. But that would be the only reason she would break my heart and not take the aft cabins. If you can get the other room fine, but if you don't, keep your aft cabin.

Our only disapointment was not meeting Rob and Tam. We were only four doors away.

Have a great cruise and call room service a lot. We ate almost all our breakfasts and a Full moon dinner out there.

Swisses Husband,

Kevin

Kevin, thanks to you and your wife for taking all this time to help me out. I did not end up changing my cabin, because I think I am falling in love with the beam at this point. icon_cool.gif I figure I will just decorate it. And I really don't want to give up the aft.

Happy crusing

Jerlyn

Swiss

we are going on the caribbean princess next week and we also have cabin b748 can you tell me did you notice a sewerage smell when you were out on the balcony that has been mentioned on another post? And do you think the loungers will still be there or do they remove them and you have to ask for them back?

Thanks

There was not sewage smell. The only smell we had was the fresh smell of the ocean. When we got to our cabin we had to request from our room steward, Lena ( who I hope you have because she is soo sweet and kind) for 2 lounge chairs and 2 robes. She had them there within an hour. I don't know if the lounge chairs are removed after every week. You are going to love this cabin! The balcony curves around to the side of the ship so you can see not only the back but the side. It was a very quite location. I think it is the best standard balcony room on the ship. The cabins are smaller than what we had experienced on other cruise lines, especially the shower. If you drop your soap, you had to get out of the shower to pick it up. It was very comfortable besides that. Have a great time and let us know if you liked the cabin as much as we did.

Swiss

Ok!!! I'm going to keep my B-751 - I think it will be great back there (even with the beam). Thanks for all the info and thanks for letting me know which level Baja is!!!!!

Suncat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob & Tam:

Suncat,

Rob

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04... Is it over already???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rob & Tam

Just an FYI - I was able to change our Room to B749, instead of B751. Now we will be on the end.

I called Princess and funny thing, the lady I spoke to advised there is no obstruction/beam on those decks/balconies. My TA also advised they have no obstructions, but since the end room was available, we too advantage of it. If the end was not available I would have been very happy to stay in B751, especially because we were upgraded from BF Guarantee to BB AFT!!!!

This is really a great savings!! CONGRATS!!

Just out of curiosity, what is the diff in price or BF to BB, have you checked?

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Hey Gloria, good news for you, I am in B750 and tried but all cabins are booked. I wonder if there is a wait list. And if not like I said before, I am happy to be crusing.

Have fun

Jerlyn

Archived