Britannia Suite Cabin B724 warning of noise!

Emzobath

15 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Very odd isn’t it. I assume that you were in your cabin during live performances? As I said, it was only a problem then, so those who don’t return to their cabin until late wouldn’t notice it, but we tend to go to bed earlier than many. I notice that G733 is on the starboard side whereas we were on the port side. I know that on some of the other P&O ships the noise is only heard on one side. For example, on Azura. If you are directly above the aft lounge on the port side it’s loud whereas if you are on the starboard side you can’t hear it - presumably due to speaker placement. Positioning of ventilation shafts is also a factor. We found that the sound wasn’t coming up through the floor but through a ventilation shaft that was on one side of our suite. The main issue for us was that, large balcony aside, there were just too many negative issues with the aft suite on Britannia whereas with the forward suites we had none of these problems - just a rubbish balcony!

It is very odd. Maybe we weren't in there when there was a live performance. We have booked E739 (not a suite) for this year so perhaps we will notice noise then (hoping not too though). We will miss the huge balcony that G733 has this year though 😕