Embassy Suites in Parsippany or Elizabeth?

smiles998

Hi everyone...

We have booked a pre cruise stay at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth by the airport at the end of September. After reading several reviews about staying the night on Parsippany, we are trying to decide if we want to stay at the E.S by the airport, or the one in Parsippany. The 4 of us (all adults) like the Embassy Suites because we need a room with at least 3 beds, or two beds and a sleeper sofa, and of course the added bonus of a complimentary breakfast.

We will be coming in via I78, and I originally though that Parsippany would be going out of our way, but it really only adds about 10 minutes to our trip.

Any advice you can provide on which E.S hotel location is better, or any other hotel recommendations that would meet our sleeping needs would be greatly appreciated. :)

BTW...We have a budget of about $250 for breakfast and a pre-cruise hotel stay, and can use an AAA rate for booking

What's the price of each hotel on Sep 30?

You might want to check out Homewood Suites in Cranford. Price is very reasonable for 2 doubles and a sofabed with the option of a king and two doubles in two bedrooms with 2 baths. Join Hilton Honors and you get a better rate than AAA. The extra space and privacy might make up for no free breakfast.

You might want to check out Homewood Suites in Cranford. Price is very reasonable for 2 doubles and a sofabed with the option of a king and two doubles in two bedrooms with 2 baths. Join Hilton Honors and you get a better rate than AAA. The extra space and privacy might make up for no free breakfast.

It does look like they offer free breakfast. I'm seeing a base rate of $161 plus tax for your date with the Hilton Honors Rate.

I have the Embassy suites in Elizabeth booked at the AAA rate of $214 including taxes, and can book the Embassy suites in Parsippany (Premium Suite) for $211 at the HHonors rate.

BTW... Thanks for the Hilton Honors idea

I have the Embassy suites in Elizabeth booked at the AAA rate of $214 including taxes, and can book the Embassy suites in Parsippany (Premium Suite) for $211 at the HHonors rate.

BTW... Thanks for the Hilton Honors idea

The prices very similar. However, it looks like the premium suite in Parsippany only has 2 double beds and no sofa bed. I would want to research that more.

Here's a review from Homewood suites from another cruiser who booked the rooms with a king and two doubles. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176907&highlight=cranford

If you want to stick with Embassy Suites, I think I'd just keep going on I78 to the NJ Turnpike to Elizabeth and not take a detour to Parsipanny. It's a long trip from Ohio and you will be well positioned to get to the port the following day. By the time you go from I78 to Parsipanny, you can almost be in Elizabeth.

If you book a room for 4 and plan to use the sofabed, be sure to tell the hotel to make it up for you ahead of your arrival.

The prices very similar. However, it looks like the premium suite in Parsippany only has 2 double beds and no sofa bed. I would want to research that more.

Here's a review from Homewood suites from another cruiser who booked the rooms with a king and two doubles. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176907&highlight=cranford

If you want to stick with Embassy Suites, I think I'd just keep going on I78 to the NJ Turnpike to Elizabeth and not take a detour to Parsipanny. It's a long trip from Ohio and you will be well positioned to get to the port the following day. By the time you go from I78 to Parsipanny, you can almost be in Elizabeth.

If you book a room for 4 and plan to use the sofabed, be sure to tell the hotel to make it up for you ahead of your arrival.

Thanks Carol.... I knew I could count on you for the best, most logical information. :)

Rooms with 3 beds that sleep 4-6 are scarce, particularly in NYC. Marriott Courtyard and Doubletree have them as well. I booked the Courtyard Jersey City 2 years ago to get 2 Queens and a sofabed, easy access to NYC, and affordable parking for 2 cars.