Third person on Caribbean Princess?

Lyndac chap2b

Hello,

We are considering a b2b on the Caribbean Princess next October. I was wondering about the third person berth in a balcony cabin? Is it an upper berth or is it more like a sofabed?

We just returned from a b2b on the Mariner of the Seas. Had a great time, but have learned that our daughter is a little bit too tall for the upper berths now. She loved them when she was younger, but she's all grown up now. :cool: .

Thanks!

Lynda

On CB the third berth is a drop down from the ceiling but it is a full-sized adult bed. What do you mean by all grown up? Is DD a tall young adult?

She's almost 13 and is already about 6' tall! Her feet hung over the bed! :eek:

On the Mariner, the way the room was set up was the upper berth was directly over our heads! (We slept north/south--the upper berth was east/west that's the best way I can describe it) She tossed and turned all night--and the berth would bounce and move, not to mention it sounded like thunder in our room. I had awful thoughts of that bed giving way and our daughter landing on our heads. And, when I'd move in bed--I was constantly banging my head on her bed.

There wasn't any way to rearrange the room so that our bed was in a less threatening position because of the door to the balcony, and how teeny tiny the cabin was. I really didn't like the way the room was set up.

On other ships--the upper berths were away from the regular bed, so there wasn't that threatening feeling. Even if she would have been above us, but laying the same direction as we were, or towards our feet--it wouldn't have been as bad. But, to have this just over our heads--wasn't nice.

There are no sofas in a balcony cabin on the CB. It would be an upper berth.

You would have to go into at least a mini suite to have a sofa bed in the cabin.

Thank you! :)

Lynda

Archived