Oosterdam" Fully/Partially Covered Verandas?

Lady Arwen

I'm not familiar with Oosterdam and would like to know which, if any, verandas are totally covered (preferable) or at least partially covered. We're going to the Western Med in early spring and would like to have shade on the veranda.

Thanks for your input!

The majority are fully covered. Stern cabins on decks 4, 6, 7, and 8 are partially covered, and deck 4 side balconies have about 1 ft uncovered and 6 ft covered.

Edited by jtl513

The majority are fully covered. Stern cabins on decks 4, 6, 7, and 8 are partially covered, and deck 4 side balconies have about 1 ft uncovered and 6 ft covered.

Thank you for your fast reply! This helps alot in our decision.

I'm not familiar with Oosterdam and would like to know which, if any, verandas are totally covered (preferable) or at least partially covered. We're going to the Western Med in early spring and would like to have shade on the veranda.

Thanks for your input!

The Neptune Suites on the aft corners have large wrap-around verandas that have a lot of over-head coverage and a 270 degree view. 5190 and 5191 have what might be the biggest verandas in the fleet with a huge area covered. Two chaise lounges, 2 "easy chairs" with ottoman and a table and chairs for four all fit under roof.

The verandah cabins on deck 8 mid-ships have more cover from the Lido deck overhang.

Our preference was actually for Navigation deck 8, so this is very good news. We'll book deck 8 for sure. Thanks so much!

Here is my photo of the Westerdam, sister to the Oosterdam, midships showing the additional cover afforded. The mid-ship verandahs on Deck 8 protrude from the side approximately the same amount as the mid-ship elevators, so you can see that there is an additional two-plus feet of coverage.

DSC05838_zpsrddcy4rl.jpg

DSC06397_zpsiykorbzk.jpg

Edited by Heartgrove

Our preference was actually for Navigation deck 8, so this is very good news. We'll book deck 8 for sure. Thanks so much!
Note that Heartgrove is talking about the mid-ship deck 8 cabins, 8033/8034 to 8092/8097, and most of them are SY Signature suites. You do not get the extra overhang below 8029/8030 or above 8096/8101

This is what it looked like in Nieuw A 8057

167mijk.jpg

Edited by jtl513

There are four VA Verandah cabins mid-ship on Deck 8. The starboard side cabins are under the "Dive-In" which has limited hours for creating noise, and the port side cabins are under a storeroom. They are VA8064, VA8066, VA8069, and VA8071. VA8064 and VA8069 are preferred as the other two are adjacent to the elevators.

The four Vista-class have four VA cabins mid-ships on Decks 6, and 8 mixed in with the SA and SY Signature cabins. I have VA8064 for an upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise. Unless I get an upsell! :)

On the Eurodam and Niew Amsterdam, Deck 8 are all VA Verandah cabins.

Edited by Heartgrove

Also VA's 8033, 8034, 8035, and 8036 have the overhang.

Thanks for the addition! The inner portion of VA8031 and VA8032 have it as well. Missed all of those as I prefer mid-ship to aft.

Edited by Heartgrove