Priceline for NO hotel

harleywv

So how does Priceline work? I've seen others say they know that the 4* canal street is a certain hotel.

For instance, there is a French quarter, canal

Street 4* for $107. Any idea which one this is?

Has anyone gotten a bad place by booking before knowing the hotel?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi,

You can get an idea of which hotel it might be by going to a site like better bidding dot com and using the hotel descriptions that they have there.

There is a whole thread on here about using Hotwire.

Hotwire is better for a family because with Priceline it only guarantees space in a room for 2 people. On Hotwire you can specify the number of beds you need.

On either site I only use the 4**** hotels because their idea of 3 and 2** do not always agree with mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Better bidding dot com is very helpful for Priceline. I've used Priceline name your own price several times in New Orleans. Three times I've gotten the New Orleans Marriott, and once the Doubletree. Both on Canal. The Marriott is a great hotel, the Doubletree was fine. All under $100 a night. I usually bid on 4 star, but if I see 3 or 3 1/2 star hotels on the better bidding hotel list that suit my needs, I will do that. I usually start by looking at the Priceline express deals, checking them against the better bidding list, then start my bidding about $25 below the express deal. New Orleans has so many hotel rooms, that in less there is a big event like Mardi Gras or a big festival going on, there are always going to be rooms that the hotels would rather fill then leave empty, even at a much reduced rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums