Wine on board

andrea2609

Hi all

I'll be sailing on Equinox in two days, my first cruise with X.

Can we (my DW and I) take one bottle each, on board , in our checked in suitcases?

Do they apply a cork fee at MDR?

Any of you ever tried to bring on board more than one bottle each....?

Thanx a lot

Italian Cruiser

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

You are correct, 1 bottle per each - 2 per stateroom.

Celebrity suggests that wine being brought on at embarkation be in your carry on luggage. Aside from a possible mishap by placing in the luggage, it may delay delivery of your luggage. The luggage is x-rayed and the bottles in the luggage can result in you having to visit the naughty room to claim your luggage.

If you take the wine you bring on board to the dining room or bar there is a corkage fee; I believe $25 per bottle.

You are correct, 1 bottle per each - 2 per stateroom.

Celebrity suggests that wine being brought on at embarkation be in your carry on luggage. Aside from a possible mishap by placing in the luggage, it may delay delivery of your luggage. The luggage is x-rayed and the bottles in the luggage can result in you having to visit the naughty room to claim your luggage.

If you take the wine you bring on board to the dining room or bar there is a corkage fee; I believe $25 per bottle.

Thanks a lot. I thought (I was hoping) there was no corkage fee, same as RCCL...

Italian Cruiser

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

We just returned from a Mediterranean cruise last week. We took three bottles onboard in our carry on and did not have any problems. We also purchased wine during our cruise (how can we not buy wine in Tuscany?!) and it was not confiscated. We brought our wine to the dining room each evening and paid our $25 corkage fee. We had some fantastic wine and found that it was better value to bring our own wine rather than select from the Celebrity wine list.