british isles or mediterranean???

My spouse and I are planning a trip to Europe next summer. We've seen the Northern Europe (Copenhagen, Denmark, Russia) and a lot of Italy (venice, rome, etc) but can't decide if we should sail the Greek Isles area or British Isles (Scotland, Ireland, France)?

PLan on doing 12-14 days. Looking at Princess, RCI or Holland, but have heard that Holland's nightly entertainment not as good.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

One thing to take account of is the weather. The Greek Island are a lot further South and in the peak periods of late July to early September they can get very hot. In Spring and Autumn the weather in the British Isles is pretty variable from chilly and pouring with rain to a pleasant, sunny 20 degrees or so.

Both are port intensive cruises so I would put less emphasis on the ship's entertainment as you will be ashore most days.

I am biased, but I would say the the British cruise offers more variety and, the way things are going just now, may well offer better value for your Dollars. I would add that to get the best value from the (expensive) flights, you should have as many extra days as you can at the start or end of your cruise, to spend in Rome or London.

Edited by Bob++

Just returned 7/31 from Princess British Isles. Heres some info for you to consider. The weather will be mid 60's in Brit Isles. Daylight is from around 4 am-10: 00 pm. Ive also cruised Med in summer--very hot!

I loved the Brit Isles, but it was very exhausting-climbing up steep castle stairs, cobblestone streets, only two sea days.....personally, Id do Brit Isles and hopefully in future, a beach vacay in Greek Isles!

We have done both and loved both.

One thing, Greece in the Summer is HOT. If you don't mind 95 degrees, not a problem. The British Isles is not as hot in the Summer.

We did the BI on Celebrity and it was great.

Here is my review of that cruise

British Isles

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221137

Here is my review of our Eastern Med cruise

E. Med and Adriatic, NCL Gem

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=70129