Single Supplement Prices on Website

cruisingxpert

Is anyone else having a problem finding out what the single prices are on the website. I never had the problem in the past but now when I click on the cruises that say they have a single supplement and put in 1 passenger, the prices are the same as 2 people in every category, but the bottom of the page says the price is reflecting single rates.

Is anyone else having a problem finding out what the single prices are on the website. I never had the problem in the past but now when I click on the cruises that say they have a single supplement and put in 1 passenger, the prices are the same as 2 people in every category, but the bottom of the page says the price is reflecting single rates.

According to the "Frequently asked Questions" page, the single supplement is 200% of the fare.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

That percentage may be reduced on some voyages, but from what it says on the FAQ page, you would need to call Oceania, as that would fall under the heading of "promotions".

According to the "Frequently asked Questions" page, the single supplement is 200% of the fare.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

That percentage may be reduced on some voyages, but from what it says on the FAQ page, you would need to call Oceania, as that would fall under the heading of "promotions".

That hasn't been the case for the past few years. If you look on home page and Offers, click on View all offers and go to Single Supplement, you will see that there are currently 35 cruises offering single supplements. In the past, I have been able to open the cruise I'm interested in and get the pricing for single supplement. On some cruises, it has been a 50% reduction but usually 25%. Usually for Concierge and sometimes for penthouses.

I guess I will email Mike Moore to see what's up - they sure seem to be having a lot of website issues these days.

Better yet, have your TA call Oceania and inquire about the cruise in which you are specifically interested. Perhaps on that cruise, because of popularity no single supplement is offered. A good TA will get your question answered. Mike Moore deals with computer issues not marketing and sales issues! :rolleyes:

Better yet, have your TA call Oceania and inquire about the cruise in which you are specifically interested. Perhaps on that cruise, because of popularity no single supplement is offered. A good TA will get your question answered. Mike Moore deals with computer issues not marketing and sales issues! :rolleyes:

I beg to differ. Oceania marketing has 35 different cruises on offer with single supplement. However, when you check 1 person to see which categories and what price is offered, you get the price for 2 people. If there is no single supplement on the cruises that they claim to have a single supplement on, then that would be more than just a marketing problem.

Up to a month ago, I could check their cruises that offered a single supplement and get a price for a solo.

For any of you solo cruisers out there, I got a very quick response from Mike Moore

It does appear that the website isn't properly calculating he single supplement rate. I'll advise the team, but I'm not sure how quickly the issue will be resolved, so unfortunately you'll have to contact our call center or your travel agent for quotes.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

"

If anyone at O is reading this, Mike deserves a raise for answering so fast and on weekends:D