Voyager Restaurants

adelle

My husband and I are taking our family on the Voyager Thanksgiving cruise - total of 10 in all - 8 adults and 2 children (2 1/2 and 5 1/2 years old). Is Compass Rose the only restaurant suitable for the children? I want the entire family to eat together on Thanksgiving. Sometimes we may split up and someone eat with the children while others have a later more relaxing meal. The children are usually good at the dinner table but do not like to hang out long after they are finished. My husband and I plan to help out with the kiddies and I am sure their uncles will take a turn also so everyone can have an adult meal. If I have only one chance to try an alternate restaurant, which one would you recommend? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each restaurant. My daughter would probably also like to have some guidance about the restaurants for her "nights out"! My husband and I have never sailed on the Voyager, but have been on the Diamond and the Navigator. This is the first RSSC cruise for the rest of the family. Are there any particular nights of a 7 night cruise that would be better to stay in the Compass Rose restaurant. Any nights that would be better in Latitudes or Signatures? Do any of the restaurants serve caviar?

Thanks for your help. Good food, drink and companionship are important components of a vacation for all of us.

Adelle

I just sailed the Voyager last month and though there were no children aboard I think that young ones would be happiest at the Verandah restaurant which is the more casual Italian "trattoria". I think it would be very appropriate to go to the Compass Rose where I think the selection would be somewhat more limited for the children but you could find something to satify them. I think the style of service and the food at Signatures and Lattitudes, though very good (I would even say, for Signatures, excellent) would not appeal to the kids at all unless this is

cuisine they are accustomed to. I would have my Thanksgiving meal with the whole family at Compass Rose because the atmosphere is more special for the holiday, take the other family meals in either Verandah or Compass Rose as a group and try to break away for one meal at Signatures, even if it meant sitting through a dinner with the children earlier at the other restaurant. I would not want to miss out on Signatures though I could easily pass up Latitudes.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Thank you, DavidJ, for your comments. I think we will take turns going to Signatures and those not going dining with the children. They love Italian food so that may be the spot we go most often with them.

Adelle

Archived