Advice on Hotel

Mr & Mrs Happy

I'm searching for hotels and came across Comfort Suites in Harvey.

Since the hubster and I will only be spending one night in New Orleans, we really dont want to shell out an arm and a leg to stay closer to the French Quarter.

Is the area safe?

Would it be an 'easy" drive to the cruise terminal?

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in that area often (restaurants, shopping at businesses, est.) and I have never felt unsafe in the area.

If there is no traffic on the bridge or on Manhattan Blvd, you can get to the cruise ship terminal in less than 30 minutes.

Two other hotels that you may want to check out is the Hampton Inn in Harvey, LA and the Courtyard Marriot in Gretna. There are other hotels on the Westbank, but I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Harvey for a staycation and enjoyed it. I also had a friend that stayed at the Courtyard Marriot and he enjoyed it.

Edited by HCTiger9704

I showed your post to one of my friends, Alaa, who is active in two different Westbank Civic Associations and he said

"I would say, this is a decent choice if you are looking to save some money. Bearing in mind it is about 12 minutes from the French Quarter and CBD. I've actually had family stay there and they said it was safe and clean and convenient. Police station is right around the corner and they are a stones throw away from everything if they need to pick something up quickly while at the hotel".