Thanksgiving Day In St. Maarten

missouricruiser

Will Be Going On Valor Nov. 20th... Scheduled For St. Maarten On Thanksgiving Day.... Does Anyone Know If Stores Will Be Open That Day?? Is That A Holiday For The Island?? Just Can't Miss Shopping !!!:d Does Anyone Have Any Independent Tour Operators They Would Recommend For Island Tours And Also Any For St. Thomas?? Thanks A Bunch. Ellie

Will Be Going On Valor Nov. 20th... Scheduled For St. Maarten On Thanksgiving Day.... Does Anyone Know If Stores Will Be Open That Day?? Is That A Holiday For The Island??

Thanksgiving Day that falls on the last Thursday of every November is a USA holiday. Think back to the Pilgrim & American Indian plays from grade school ;) , and you'll recall why this country celebrates that day.

The Dutch & French have no interest in our holidays.

Happy shopping!

Stores/shops will be open.

There are enough Americans on the island through that timeframe that Turkey and Dressing will be available at lots of restaurants.

Not to be too picky, but Thanksgiving is the FOURTH Thursday of November, not the LAST Thursday. Check the calendars for 2006 and 2007.

gary

Hi Gary and all. Yes Joyce is booked for Thanksgiving. I do have a question that I would like to clear up. I have asked this question once before and tried to do a search but it didn't work. The time change between Miami and St. Maarten is one hour ahead or behind? If I am to be picked up at 10 St. Maarten time it would be ? Miami(ship) time.

St. Maarten is the same time as Miami during Daylight Savings Time. Otherwise (like starting tomorrow) it is an hour ahead. i.e. they don't do the Spring Forward, Fall Back thing.

10 AM St. Maarten time will be 9 AM Miami time.

gary

Not to be too picky, but Thanksgiving is the FOURTH Thursday of November, not the LAST Thursday. Check the calendars for 2006 and 2007.

gary

Excuse my error--it was not intentional and certainly didn't harm anyone so was it really that big of a mistake to cause you to shout, Gary?

Enjoy the day, all. :cool:

Archived