Ziplines

Moerin78

Zip line tours seem to go in most any kind of weather, I've never zip lined and would like my first experience not to be in the rain! Is it possible to book it on the same day. Any recommendations as to which tour co would be the best bet.

Also I'm 69 so I'm thinking the lines that brake for you might be better.

Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan are our ports.

I'm not sure about same day booking. The zip line tours seem pretty popular. We just did the zip line in Ketchikan on our recent cruise and it was amazing - so worth it! It was the first time for my DD and me and I was pretty nervous. But they really make sure you are comfortable and safe. And it was raining the entire time, but that didn't interfere. We had rain jackets and we were comfortable - the rain actually made everything even more lush, green and beautiful. The zip line course we did was the Bear Creek zip line which is really good for beginners. I highly recommend it. I'm 51 and not particularly athletic and had no issues. I absolutely will be doing it again on future cruises!

We zip lined in Skagway, and it rained a little not much. We went with grizzly falls ziplining. They were great. They break for you, and they really helped out a chicken like me. After we roasted marshmallows. Yum. Don't worry about age, we had a lady in her 80's with us. She really in joyed her experience.

We did the "Rainforest Canopy & Zipline Expedition" (the same folks who have the "Bear Creek Zipline Adventure" mentioned above) and had a fantastic time. It was not raining that day - sunny and clear. I picked the Rainforest Canopy tour because it has a couple suspension bridges you walk across plus the 8 ziplines. I contacted them to find out the difference (besides the bridges) because it came across as one was for beginners and the other was for more experienced zipliners. Come to find out the only real difference is the height and length of the ziplines - the Bear Creek tour has lower and shorter ziplines for the nervous types. The Rainforest Canopy tour has longer and higher lines. Being the big nervous chicken that I am and having never ziplined I went ahead with the longer and higher ziplines. Ha Ha :eek: I did FINE! There was only four of us the day we went and none of us had done a zipline before - we were all successful. It was a BLAST! I admit that I was pretty nervous the first couple lines but at the end of it all I'd have immediately went through the course a second time.

Good luck and have a great time! :)

We zip lined in Skagway, and it rained a little not much. We went with grizzly falls ziplining. They were great. They break for you, and they really helped out a chicken like me. After we roasted marshmallows. Yum. Don't worry about age, we had a lady in her 80's with us. She really in joyed her experience.

+1. We did this excursion this time last year. Absolutely fantastic series of ziplines. You get instruction from a great team and they show you (optional) tricks to do while you're flying between the trees. We are mid sixties. And, the bus ride up was interesting (to us from the Land Down Under) and we saw the salmon running. And an exciting ride in a Unimog from the base location to zipoline starting (jump off!!) point. We had a ball.

Best to book ahead though as we didn't see them taking any on the spot bookings on the day.