Gluten Free on the Getaway?

alliemariek

We are cruising on the Getaway in a week. I have notified the access desk and called to ensure they received my information. I have celiac, and want to avoid gluten and cross contamination as much as possible. I don't want to be sick for days during our vacation. My concern is on excursions that provide lunch. Do any of you have experience on how these lunches are prepared, or what is offered? One of the excursions has quesadillas and fruit, which is fine as long as the tortillas are corn and the cheese isn't processed. I asked for information from the access desk, and they could not confirm how this would be handled.

The access desk wouldn't be able to help you on this. As mjkacmom pointed out, they outsource their excursions so they don't control how they're operated. To be safe, you might want to take some prepackaged snacks to get you through excursions until you can eat where you're confident your needs will be met.

My CC made a notation on my reservation abt my dietary restrictions GF/DF for my November Cruise but I'm going to call them tomorrow to find out about the form you're mentioning about filling out.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums