Euros vs Dollars

PGBSAB

I believe that everything that you charge on the ship is in dollars and not in euros. The reason I am asking if it is euros then it really is $1.13 for every euro, so the cost in dollars is really more.

I realize about the VAT tax and everything...just want to find out how we are actually charged on the ship itself. I have no exchange fee on my credit card so that is not the issue...just want to make sure I understand what I am paying when I sign that lovely little slip of paper :)

Everything on a Carnival ship is priced in US currency. If is says a drink is $5, your credit card at the end of the trip (you will have an account that everything is charged to) will be charged $5. Now if you are not from the US, that is if your credit card is in a different currency, your credit card company will convert to your currency. There are no options to do otherwise on the ship.

On the vista there is a currency dispensing machine that will spit out euros. I would be leary of the exchange rate prior to using it. At every port there were plenty of currency exchanges and atms again know your exchange rates!

The currency standard for the ship is US Dollars.

And Guest Services does not offer any Euros to US Dallars currency exchange.

What about people that want a cash account? Do they have to put US$ on their account, or can they put down Euro or Pound?

What about people that want a cash account? Do they have to put US$ on their account, or can they put down Euro or Pound?

To my mind, if they are smart, they'll put USD down (as we will be doing).

Do you mean at the Terminal ? Most cruises originate in US ports, so US Dollars.

And the Vista doesn't offer currency exchange onboard, so only US Dollars accepted on the ship.

Do you mean at the Terminal ? Most cruises originate in US ports, so US Dollars.

And the Vista doesn't offer currency exchange onboard, so only US Dollars accepted on the ship.

Either in the terminal or onboard. You can put cash down on a cruise at Guest Services. Since the Vista is currently sailing out of Europe, they must have people that try to put Pounds or Euros on a cash account?

Either in the terminal or onboard. You can put cash down on a cruise at Guest Services. Since the Vista is currently sailing out of Europe, they must have people that try to put Pounds or Euros on a cash account?

The ship operates on US Dollars, not Euros. And Carnival has stated no currency exchange at guest services.

Haven't read a single report of Euros being accepted (but there is 1 ATM that dispenses Euros for port use).