Pearl Island - Nassau Bahamas

CruisinQueen2013

RCI has recently added a few excursions to this recently re-developed island. We had originally booked Blue Lagoon Island beach day as we've done it before and enjoyed it. We thought we'd switch to the Pearl Island beach day as it is relatively similar but supposedly also has a pool and a lighthouse. We have 2 kids and thought this would be fun. I've been checking reviews and they are all so dramatically different. Some say it's a great beach day and others say the pool is under repair and empty and there are no chairs, etc. All of the reviews are just in the last 2 months and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to why they are so different. I know that everyone has different opinions but facts like the pool, tender boats, and beach chairs shouldn't be as subjective. I'm just torn now on what to do - keep Pearl Island or go back to Blue Lagoon as at least we know what to expect. Any input would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...

DW and I just did the Pearl Island excursion on RCL. The island is not fully developed. I did not see a pool, and the "spectacular beach" was not so spectacular. Just a small white sand cove. The upside was many cancelled on the pier at Nassau when boarding was difficult, so there wasn't a big crowd on the island. I'd look elsewhere for an excursion.

Wesley