Celebrity express departure option

addicted cruiser

Has anyone used the express departure and if so how does it work and approx. what time can you get off the ship in FT Lauderdale . I have a 11:40 am flight home and just wondering if this is going to work for me or will I be stressed out trying to get to the airport on time and checked in.

You cam make a 11:40 flight without express departure. Taxis are plentiful and it is a 10 minute ride to FLL. We live 25 minutes from port, get off the ship around 8-8:30,take shuttle to Park n Go and are home no later than 10-10:15.

Normally Express departure starts around 7-7:30 (line up around 6:15-6:30) and you will be at the airport before 8:30. Remember with express departure you must carry your own luggage off.

Edited by oneputt18

We've made 10:15 flights out of FLL. We do self-disembarking and we do line up in the designated spot (they'll tell you) about 45 minutes ahead of when they say. Your luggage will be your spot in line so you can alternate going to get a cup of coffee or muffin or something.

We've never had a problem and are usually at the airport a bit after 8.