Long Itinerary Question - NYC - Caribbean

Overtyme

We just took a 9 day RC Anthem cruise out of NJ and had a great time.

The time of year was perfect for us, and we realized that a longer cruise is just what we needed.

Up until now, we've only done 7 day cruises and are now in the market to look for a 9+ day cruise for 2018.

That said, I've heard amazing things about the Breakaway and am willing to step out of my comfort zone from RC and try new ships.

There are some great 12 - 14 day cruises out of New York, but they're all in the height of Winter!

That means that at least my first 2 days and last 2 days are going to be FREEZING, leaving me with little time to enjoy the ocean and the pool decks.

We're a family of 4, living in Long Island, NY and would much prefer to take a longer cruise and not have to fly to Florida or San Juan.

I'm looking to validate this and to get some input from people who have taken similar itineraries.

It's more like your first day and last day will be on the cool side.

I have sailed to the Caribbean out of NYC four times in January. On the coldest cruise, we were still able to sit out on our balcony by the night of the first sea day. Other cruises we have awakened that first morning and found the temperature already in the 50's.

The itineraries are great and you sure do get to escape winter!

adding to my questions above, I'd also love to know if someone knows where the 3rd BreakawayPlus ship will home port and possibly what the itineraries will look like.

I think that the NY Market has been great for Breakaway. I wonder if they would consider bringing a Breakaway Plus ship in to compete with Anthem.

It's more like your first day and last day will be on the cool side.

I have sailed to the Caribbean out of NYC four times in January. On the coldest cruise, we were still able to sit out on our balcony by the night of the first sea day. Other cruises we have awakened that first morning and found the temperature already in the 50's.

The itineraries are great and you sure do get to escape winter!

I agree! By the first sea day a sweater over short sleeves and capris is fine...

We LOVE the longer BA itineraries out of NY in January!

Not having to fly means my wife and I don't have to stress and equals more time on the boat. We get to relax and really get into the rhythm of things.

It's a real and true vacation.

And to think, it's really not any colder than where you would normally be: except you're on a great vessel with staff to take care of your needs.

Thank you all for your feedback!

It sounds like it might even be okay to break out a pair of shorts by the second Sea Day going South!

I just checked out monthly weather forecasts.

It looks to be in the mid-70's by the time you hit Central Florida and Low 80's in St. Lucia!

I'm not sure if that's quite beach weather, but it sounds really comfortable!

adding to my questions above, I'd also love to know if someone knows where the 3rd BreakawayPlus ship will home port and possibly what the itineraries will look like..

The 3rd Breakaway Plus ship's information is still unknown. The way things are going with NCL, nothing is set in stone...not even the T&C. :p

The 3rd Breakaway Plus ship's information is still unknown. The way things are going with NCL, nothing is set in stone...not even the T&C. :p

From what i've seen online, the second breakaway plus ship was supposed to be called Bliss, but was re-named to Joy (was originally to be reserved for the 3rd ship in this class), when they decided to hurry time to market in China.

I'd love to see Bliss come to New York to compete with Anthem, which I believe is smaller in size, but is bigger than Breakaway.

I'd love to see Bliss come to New York to compete with Anthem, which I believe is smaller in size, but is bigger than Breakaway.

Quantum, Anthem, Ovation are listed as slightly larger than Escape. I'm actually wondering if the "new" GSC will be on the itinerary of the new NCL ships.

Got it! I'm not a fan of the RC Private Island - Labadee (Haiti). I've heard much better things about GSC.

On a seperate note, do you know if the Breakaway Plus ships are able to make it into NY Harbor or are they too large for the Verrazzano Bridge?