Cell phone use in Puerto Rico

AT&T assures me that we can use our cell phone while in Puerto Rico. Does anyone know if you have to be off the ship in order to hook up with AT&T and not cellular at sea?

Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

AT&T assures me that we can use our cell phone while in Puerto Rico. Does anyone know if you have to be off the ship in order to hook up with AT&T and not cellular at sea?

Any advice would be appreciated

The ship turns off it's cell tower before it docks.

We have had charges one time with sprint when we used our phones after returning to home port (data charges and in the U.S.). We called sprint and they said that sometimes the ships forget to turn off the data/cellular network when in port and your phone will connect to the ships cellular at sea. They told us to avoid these charges to make sure you are at a minimum 100 yards away from the port and ships when turning your phone on to make sure your phone connects to their network and not the ships. Not sure how AT&T will handle the charges but sprint did not reverse our charges. So advice would be to make sure you clear the port and the ships before tuning on. We have used sprint in San Juan and Mexico and had no additional charges.

Sent from my iPad using Forums