Eclipse cabins--1401, 1106, 1664?

Joby

Which of these cabins would you choose and why?

1401 & 1106 are supposed to have a slightly larger balcony. 1401 is mid ship, the other two are aft.

We don't have mobility problems, we don't want a noisy cabin, ship motion generally isn't a problem either.

Looking for the best happy medium of the three. Which would you choose?

We typically sail in the S1 corner aft suites and 1664 would be right next door. The aft location is wonderful for quiet and great views. I have no negatives to say. It *is* a long walk but since you stated you have no mobility issues it's not a big deal and actually is good exercise ha ha.

We like to order room service breakfast on port days (to save the early back and forth) and enjoy it on the balcony as we come into port.

This cabin isn't directly on the aft so you wouldn't get the true aft views but you get the quietness and long walk. We will always opt for as far aft as we can get, and as high up as we can get except the top floor. We choose penthouse deck if we can get it. Of the three you mentioned I'd choose 1664.

Edited by ClaudiaB

OP: are you sure you mean 1401? You described it as midships, but the deck plans show it on the port side in the far aft (though not aft facing), like 1664.

I would pick 1106 because it is on the slant of the hump, which means you'll have a larger than normal balcony. Also, imho, you cannot beat this location on an S-class ship. It's near the elevators and NOT noisy (there's a glass wall between the elevators and the stateroom passageway). Really easy to get wherever you want to go. And did I mention the large balcony?

Another plus for 1106 is that it's on Deck 10, which means it's high up but you still have cabins above and below you. (You described 1106 as aft; it's not.)

As for the cabins that are really in the aft, it's quite a long walk to the nearest elevator. If you get to the pool and you forgot your sunglasses, it's a long way back. Things like that.

Enjoy whatever you decide!

Totally agree with Turtles: 1106 for the location and extended cabin. If you were comparing to the true aft facing C1 cabins, that would be a different story, as many people would trade the long walk for the pleasant view of the ship's wake.

OP: are you sure you mean 1401? You described it as midships, but the deck plans show it on the port side in the far aft (though not aft facing), like 1664.

You're correct, 1401 is aft, my mistake :o

1106 is gone now, so unless it comes back, it's a moot point now :(

Our choices now are 1401 & 1664.

Thanks for the comments and I'll keep my eye out for any other cabins.